Experienced Boba Fett Painters

repentance3232

New Hunter
Painting Boba Fett is a big project and I will be painting my Helmet and Armor. What Airbrush Compressor are you running with or recommend??? As far as a Airbrush gun, I will be getting the Iwata Hi Line 5200

Just about any will work, though I'd definitely recommend one that pumps into a tank rather than those mini airbrush specific compressors that deliver directly to the airbrush line, they can give sorta inconsistent pressure versus properly feeding from a regulated tank. If you plan to use the compressor for other activities in the future, such as air tools or HVLP painting, might be worthwhile investing in a big proper 30+ gal shop compressor if you have the space for it. I personally use a 30gal harbor freight compressor that drives everything in my shop and has been working fine for years. But a small hobbyist compressor will work absolutely just fine too if that's all you got the space for.

More important than the specific compressor will be investing in good moisture control gear. You'll want to get a good in-line air filter and moisture trap. Usually like that one they're combined with the regulator, so that'll be one less thing you need to buy if your compressor doesn't come with one.

Thank you so much Grimstuff, this is VERY helpful and thank you for your time!!!!!
Just about any will work, though I'd definitely recommend one that pumps into a tank rather than those mini airbrush specific compressors that deliver directly to the airbrush line, they can give sorta inconsistent pressure versus properly feeding from a regulated tank. If you plan to use the compressor for other activities in the future, such as air tools or HVLP painting, might be worthwhile investing in a big proper 30+ gal shop compressor if you have the space for it. I personally use a 30gal harbor freight compressor that drives everything in my shop and has been working fine for years. But a small hobbyist compressor will work absolutely just fine too if that's all you got the space for.

More important than the specific compressor will be investing in good moisture control gear. You'll want to get a good in-line air filter and moisture trap. Usually like that one they're combined with the regulator, so that'll be one less thing you need to buy if your compressor doesn't come with one.
Grimstuff

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back