ESB Paint Up

AFettFullofDollars

Well-Known Hunter
Finished the ‘cat scratch’. It took exactly 2hrs and 15 minutes this morning. Started watching A New Hope when I began, and put the last fleck of paint on it as the end credits were rolling. Gotta let it dry, then I’ll erase the pencil marks around the grey areas and hit it with a coat of sealer before moving on to the turn signals area...

Attachments

lazer310

New Hunter
I'm about to start my first helmet as soon as it gets here, following your techniques and color list.
2 questions if I may.

1. Are you still using the spray paint method on this helmet, and painting on the damage with a brush?
2. Some of the colors listed in the sticky threads from 2006 are no longer produced. Can you give an updated listed of bottle paints you are using here?

Thanks for any help, and keep up the amazing work!

AFettFullofDollars

Well-Known Hunter
I'm about to start my first helmet as soon as it gets here, following your techniques and color list.
2 questions if I may.

1. Are you still using the spray paint method on this helmet, and painting on the damage with a brush?
2. Some of the colors listed in the sticky threads from 2006 are no longer produced. Can you give an updated listed of bottle paints you are using here?

Thanks for any help, and keep up the amazing work!
Thanks for the kind words! Yes I’m still using the spray paint method and topically applying the damage. I’ll check my paint list and update it.