ESB Helmet Mold / Material Thoughts?

SalaciouCPhD

New Hunter
Hi Everyone!

First update in a bit, but I am quickly ramping into making my costume happen. The most important thing is I’ve chosen to go the ESB route. I’ve purchased boots and the Wookie braids. (It’s a start!)

Regarding the helmet, I’ve done a good amount of research throughout the forums and I’m unfortunately not coming to a definitive conclusion. I’m hoping for some thoughts on from anyone will to share.

I want to make the costume as screen accurate as possible and absolutely be 501st eligible. What is the Material and Mold that most recommend for screen accurate? Fiberglass? Cast Resin? Which Mold should I be trying to find? There are a plethora of variations (Legacy, G2, G4, etc.). I have decided that I do want to do Metal Ears and metal Range Finder Stalk, so that may slightly limit which mold I should be looking for.

Thank you all! I truly appreciate it!

Apologies if this was posted twice, the original post was crossed out and I'm not sure if that means it didn't post or was removed for some reason. I'm still new to the forum Thanks!

If you want ESB there are two options. Both are modified Hero helmets. The FUGLY from WF and the FPH III from MF/Fett Pride.

Both are available with metal ears (Fugly will have metal ears shortly)

Here's a Fugly painted by superjedi

IMG_3399.jpg

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back