ESB helmet help (right kit for me)

Suchibu

Jr Hunter
I'm on the hunt for a good ESB helmet kit. I have tried to research the different helmets available (mostly on eBay) I keep seeing MGH and FP helmets. I can't tell what's good or not. I just want an ESB kit!

FPH2 is the best ESB helmet on the market. Keep an eye out, with FP kind of taking a step back with production other sellers will be offering his product. I would suggest wait a month or two and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I like the MR derived lines the best for overall shape and size but you'll have to make some mods for the ESB damage unless someone comes up with a ready made solution. Darth Vorhees has proposed doing that but his recent good news about a job might make his time scarce.

I concur with Bounty about ebay. Whilst there are a couple of good ebay sellers for some stuff there's not a seller of helmets with a decent and legitimate product going on that I can think of. In my opinion it's best avoided for everything other than found parts.

I would guess FPH2 is Fett Pride correct? I just saw that he has been banned. There are a few helmets on eBay with FPH on the front of the T-visor and the seller is from Canada.

That would be classof84/slartibarfast or whatever name he's using right now. These are recasts of FP work and not very well done from some of what we've seen. Apart from the moral objections to recasting there's also generally tends to be a quality issue.

Correct FP is Fettpride. I would say that the FP banning and the overall quality of the product should not be confused i.e. the product is/was good and well received. I'm not a fan of the FPH2 but i think nearly everything else he does/did is among the best out there and very possibly the best in some cases. I particularly liked his gauntlets; he nailed it there. I've heard he may be passing his molds on to another so the FP product may still be available soon.

His recasts of the MR line are still available through Animefan and he does fine work from that source. The GMH molds went to Asok but we've not heard from her for some time. I seem to recall FP stated that the exclusivity to the GMH was finite and had ended with another having molds somewhere out there. The work done by FP to get the GMH into usable shape from the source helmet was miraculous; he had a good strating point but there was work to be done. The GMH is a great solution for the smaller person and so is the Bobamaker helmet, which is apparently around the same size, although I couldn't confirm it because I've never held one.

I would think either an MR kit from animefan or an FPH2 (if you can find one) should fit you. I too am of the opinion of the MR line being a bit closer to the ESB hero helmet than the FPH2, but like it has been said, the MR kit does not have the specific ESB damage like the FPH@ kt does.

Well, you're a big guy so the GMH and Bobamaker aren't going to cut it. Even if you've a small head that'll fit in it it will look small on you. I'm a healthy six feet and the GMH is small on me. Working on the assumption that the BM is a similar size then the same would apply. That said it is only an assumption. Unfortunately I don't have the money to drop on a BM helmet to check it out to satisfy my curiosity.

In terms of size the MR line is pretty much the biggest out there and bigger than the FPH2 in height and overall space in the dome but it's still pretty roomy in the FPH2; I'd be surprised if you didn't fit the Fph2 unless you've a massive swede. The base circumference is pretty similar between although the shape is different. Some of the older helmets are also large but you'd have to track one down.

I would think either an MR kit from animefan or an FPH2 (if you can find one) should fit you. I too am of the opinion of the MR line being a bit closer to the ESB hero helmet than the FPH2, but like it has been said, the MR kit does not have the specific ESB damage like the FPH@ kt does.

Exactly. With the FPH2 you get an abundance of convenience. Helmet. Tick. MQ1 molded in. Tick. Ears and fittings. Tick. Visor. Tick. Movie specific damage. Tick etc. It's all there in a one stop shop and from that point of view is well thought out.

hey there, i make/sell boba fett helmets on ebay.....i have sold/made nearly 200 in the last year!! im 6 1" 230 lbs ish. the difference with my helmets is that i enlarged them because of the originals are just to small. you can pm me for details or look at some of my work on facebook at zero-cool prop shop
I'm on the hunt for a good ESB helmet kit. I have tried to research the different helmets available (mostly on eBay) I keep seeing MGH and FP helmets. I can't tell what's good or not. I just want an ESB kit!

Yep...I'm working on a paintup right now so this next month is kind of booked, but you can check out my latest build threads to see what I'm doing. I'm a lean 6' and mine fits a little roomier than my Malone Fett (MDF), although externally they're similar in size.

IMG_20160416_145938676.jpg

hey there, i make/sell boba fett helmets on ebay.....i have sold/made nearly 200 in the last year!! im 6 1" 230 lbs ish. the difference with my helmets is that i enlarged them because of the originals are just to small. you can pm me for details or look at some of my work on facebook at zero-cool prop shop

Just checked out your Facebook page. are your helmets DP casts? Could explain why you think they're too small since they're undersized

well its been my experience that most boba's run small(on me). the GMH are very small and the DP are similar as well[. a friend of mine has an original DP and it was snug. best thing for you to do is get measurements of the helmet you want and see if it will fit ya before buying. For me well i have a large cranium so i had to make my casting larger and it seems that im not the only one with a (fat) head...lol plus its better to be to big than to small plus with all the extra gear that potentialy could go inside i wanted extra room!! I just finished a new casting enlarging my fett helmet again. Ive had many people requesting a larger helmet for all the addons/electonics. This new casting fits awesome with plenty of room now!QUOTE=razorsharp192;689535]Just checked out your Facebook page. are your helmets DP casts? Could explain why you think they're too small since they're undersized[/QUOTE]

Personally I recommend animefan's premium kit, but I'd ask for epoxy gelcoat vs coldcast. It's a beautiful kit and will make a fine ESB or ROTJ. The FP one on eBay is either a copy of this one or the budget FP, and will not come close to the quality of Ryans kit. Steer clear.
The FPH2 has some features that are more accurate for an ESB lid, but it also has some features that are not accurate(side flare, overall dome shape) so it's about a wash. Biggest difference will be the squint and dent are more accurate on the FPH2. Mind you this is some nit picky ****, but the OCD can kick in at any moment. I have both kits and can tell you that Ryans attention to detail was on par for the quality I've seen from FP. Both make great stuff.

The animefan FP is MR based as said earlier, and is just a touch bigger than the FPH2.

Can be brittle, can delaminate, and it's not screen accurate. Prefer the correct silver color paint for the damaged areas.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back