Electronic help

Chucko

Active Hunter
Is there a way to switch the input and output? This is a little pocket amp speaker. The input is a weird 8 pronged plug and the output will fit a 1/8 jack.
Voiceboxcopy.jpg

What was the input originally connected to? A plug or ribbon cable? May want to use that to wire a 1/8th input to if you can trace the wires to the original input source (mic?)

The input looks like 4 pins from the pic. Do you have a multimeter?

Here's a pic of what it was. You can see the ribbon coming off the top that is the input. It has 8 pins if you look at the green side of the first pic you can see the 8 solder marks. I do have a multimeter I do not really know how to use it though.
electronic-guitar-shirt-2.jpg

This actually shouldn't be a very hard mod. You just need to find the positive and negative voltage ends then wire up a 2 pole mic to those prongs. If you want to make the mic removeable, then get yourself a mini-stereo plug (both male and female ends) then wire it up the same way.

If you go the mini-stereo plug route, then let me suggest that you use a powered lapel mic. I switched over to using that just before SDCC last year, and although the mic was like $25 it was a great investment. I'm still running on the same battery I bought it with, and It's pretty loud.

Here is a link regarding multimeters. Multimeters

Did the mic original mic have any batteries or just plug right in? If it just plugs in without it's own batteries, as said you can probably just use a 2 wire mic and try touching the pins. (disclaimer here :p - always use caution with electronics, AC for sure). This is battery powered though right?

Read about continuity. If you set the multimeter on the continuity setting, you can see if 2 leads are physically connected in the circuit. Usually the meter will make a sound to show this. Make sure the cables are plugged in COM (-) and V~ma.

The ribbon has a white stripe, probably the ground wire. Not sure about 8 pins though.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back