elastique to knee guards??

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
like the thread name sais... HOW ON EARTH DO YOU ATTACH THE ELASTIQUE TO THE KNEE GUARDS?????

Ive been trying to screw them in with small screws....no way,,, nothing happens, just keep turning and turning and turning teh screw driver, untill teh screw is dulled...

im so pissed right now... the paint job went well, attachment of teh darst worked out well ...

I can probably kit/glue the elastiques in, but will that hold the stress during walkin etc??

!!!NEED HELP!!!...please...

they are BM knee guards....perfect by the way :)

I can tell you what was done on my last set. There was a male snap on each end of the elastic and the female end was epoxied onto the knee. Just snap the elastic onto the knee.

yes ive tryed teh snap method right after posting this message...

but those are more like buttons... I also glued one in teh center of the knee, the male side, and make teh female side in my jumpsuit, so theyll keep from sliding away.

so it'll be a combined construction of "hanging"on my jumpsuit, and elastiques..

hope the kit is strong enough.

will post when done.

thnx for the advice pred!! :D

scrap that... bad temper sometimes in my choice of words...

Last edited by a moderator:
couldnt resist... just bolted the elastique in, so you can see 2 small bolts on each knee pad now... looks but ugly, but so did teh rest of teh suit so who cares

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back