eFx Mandalorian Season 2 Helmet

On thier website, it does say "Limited to 1,000". definitely a pick up for me.I missed out one the first wave, as its the same helmet without the weathering done basically . I mite have to get it repainted with alumaluster.

Anyone else notice the ears and vent, are a different silver?, from the whole helmet.Is that me, or is it indeed different on the season 2 Helmet.

I would think the helmet is painted with Alumaluster. I just couldn’t tell if the ears are a different shade, because of on screen references, look totally different. I guess that’s the beauty of that paint.
The ears and keyslots have a different base color which makes the shade of them different.

FF66C6A3-F8E5-40A5-8219-CE601C424A27.jpeg

EFX does not use Alumaluster. They base their helmets in a bright silver and shoot a tinted clear coat on top.
A0CBB4C0-C1AD-4590-93C8-E2B49AF6D1ED.jpeg
On their “season one” helmets they at least attempted to replicate the highlight effect on the ears but they are skipping it completely this time around. That is why the whole ear is a bright silver. They also skipped the cheek matting and any weathering... The S2 helmet is cleaner but it does still have the cheek matting and light weathering.
This “season 2” helmet is nothing more than a cash grab.. they want more money for less work.

The ears and keyslots have a different base color which makes the shade of them different.

The ear and the vent highlights on the show helmet are not a different base coat, they’re just Alumaluster at 100% opacity whereas the rest of the helmet is at 50-60% opacity. Confirmed to me by one of the guys who painted them.

You may be mistaking the short cut they took on the Anovos helmet. Basing it dark grey is a good short cut, but it doesn’t look exactly the same in person. I’ve tried them both.

Last edited:
View attachment 202145
EFX does not use Alumaluster. They base their helmets in a bright silver and shoot a tinted clear coat on top.
View attachment 202146
On their “season one” helmets they at least attempted to replicate the highlight effect on the ears but they are skipping it completely this time around. That is why the whole ear is a bright silver. They also skipped the cheek matting and any weathering... The S2 helmet is cleaner but it does still have the cheek matting and light weathering.
This “season 2” helmet is nothing more than a cash grab.. they want more money for less work.

The ear and the vent highlights on the show helmet are not a different base coat, they’re just Alumaluster at 100% opacity whereas the rest of the helmet is at 50-60% opacity. Confirmed to me by one of the guys who painted them.

You may be mistaking the short cut they took on the Anovos helmet. Basing it dark grey is a good short cut, but it doesn’t look exactly the same in person. I’ve tried them both.
Thank you for that. I remember hearing, that the EFX helmet wasn’t totally painted with Alumaluster, hence my hesitation. I’m still getting a mould, but like a few owners of the first EFX Helmet, I will mostly likely get it repainted.

Still not worth the price imho...was not impressed with their first Mando offering. Easy pass. Many vendors out there making a much better bucket for far less $

Not even commenting on the paint... To my eyes, the whole helmet looks like a bad cast and mould. Ill defined lines. Especially visible at the ears. Lots of misaligned edges that according to screen images should be parallel. Also look at the "half circle". Completely different shape on the efx.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back