EBay/Amazon Costumes Costumes For Parts - Mandalorian

sprinsd

New Hunter
First thread so I apologize if I am using incorrect terminology. Are there any cheap $100-$180 costumes on EBay/Amazon to scavenge for parts? I am looking for a decent flight suit, vest and cummerbund. No armor. That is basically it. With some of the costumes it appears the chest armor is sewn to the vest. Can it be removed? Another version has a vest with armor that snap buttons on but I’m unsure if the snaps will show with my new chest armor.

many info/links anyone could provide would be appreciated.

First thread so I apologize if I am using incorrect terminology. Are there any cheap $100-$180 costumes on EBay/Amazon to scavenge for parts? I am looking for a decent flight suit, vest and cummerbund. No armor. That is basically it. With some of the costumes it appears the chest armor is sewn to the vest. Can it be removed? Another version has a vest with armor that snap buttons on but I’m unsure if the snaps will show with my new chest armor.

many info/links anyone could provide would be appreciated.
Krypton Top makes a decent Rotj and ESB suit for a ok price. But the long wait time kills it. You might as go with Arkady for your flightsuit.

Hit up Steven walker for soft parts , unfortunately you can't buy quality at bargain prices . The only upside is that as an investment quality pieces do not loose value if you loose interest in the build

it all will depend on what you want to accomplish with your costume and what level of quality you are going for with everything. Just for fun to suit up? Then there might be merit to the idea of scavenging cheap costumes. Going for 501st approval? See Mr. ShortFuse 's answer for that. Imho especially the "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" part of it :)

I myself am not that deep into Din Djarin stuff, so I cannot point you to the very thread, but look in the Mandalorian section of this forum. I believe having seen one who scavenged a flight suit. Captainlonestar maybe? Loanstar ? I dont really remember. Sorry.

Last edited:
This is the thread that Mr. RamSkirata was referring to. ;)

I initially said no because I felt it would be a waste of money to by a costume only to use parts of it rather than put that towards something of better quality. Although, who am I to judge and saying no makes me a hypocrite. I recently bought a Hasbro BS helmet for no other reason than to tear it apart, throw away the junk parts and make it into something for no other reason than “just for the fun of it.” If you are wanting to make something out of a “store bought” costume, that is your right of course. Sorry.

I initially said no because I felt it would be a waste of money to by a costume only to use parts of it rather than put that towards something of better quality. Although, who am I to judge and saying no makes me a hypocrite. I recently bought a Hasbro BS helmet for no other reason than to tear it apart, throw away the junk parts and make it into something for no other reason than “just for the fun of it.” If you are wanting to make something out of a “store bought” costume, that is your right of course. Sorry.
No need to be sorry. I appreciate the input. It’s more for fun than trying to make an exact suit. I got some quality armor and helmet, now I’m trying to fill in the gaps without breaking the bank. I plan to slowly upgrade the soft parts in the years to come. It will be a good experiment.

To be fair though, Mr. ShortFuse ;) , your initial answer put a smile on my face. Thank you for that!

It all depends how serious your going to get in the long run tbf. When I started out on the fett I didn't think it would cost that much and bought some pieces I thought would be ok. Unfortunately hindsight is wonderful thing and the more time and love I invested the pieces I initially bought I realised they simply wouldn't compliment the more expensive pieces........my only advice would be try and decide how serious you are on the accuracy of your costume and try and find out the budget of a similar spec costume to the one you strive towards.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back