DIY T-visor - too light?

TeekayYYC

New Hunter
Hi guys,
I'm just starting on my Animefan FP Premium bucket, with Level III as a goal. I made my own 'smoke grey' T-visor, but before I permanently attach the chicago screws, is it dark enough? Hopefully the picture is telling enough.

IMG_1069.jpg

A shade 5 welding mask is reccomended, as long as people can't see your pretty face underneath, you're fine.

Sent from my iPad

A shade 5 welding mask is reccomended, as long as people can't see your pretty face underneath, you're fine.

Sent from my iPad

Thanks, but the Shade 5 is green, from what I see, and I can't seem to find a 'smoke grey' welder's shield for Level II. Or am I missing something? The Acklands store I visited said they only had green shields, too.

Try looking for grinding shields or tinted face shields. Most welding shields are green for the IR / UV protection.

I made my visor too and the plastic itself seems light but once in the helmet it looks very dark and certainly obscures what's inside. I used dark gray perspex.

With it in the helmet, you can slightly see through it........I think I've answered my own question. Do the T-visor.com visors meet the 'smoke gray' requirement, if I specify it?

The reason you put it in the helmet is so you can see it in a natural setting. The problem with the way you have pictured it is that it lets too much light in all around it and therefore it makes it difficult to judge.

The visor you have pictured looks fairly light but it may be ok. Once it is installed all of the correct visors look black from the outside.

Also if you can slightly see through it in normal light when you have flash photography you will see your face through the visor.

With it in the helmet, you can slightly see through it........I think I've answered my own question. Do the T-visor.com visors meet the 'smoke gray' requirement, if I specify it?

The T-visor comes in the proper smoke grey, and they have a size that fits my FP premium just fine (I got the Slim Deluxe).

I would expect T Visor will be perfectly okay. I've never bought one because the international shipping makes it very expensive, especially when i can make my own.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back