(Dark Fett paintup) FINISHED!

MinuteFett

Active Hunter
Hey everybody,

I've seen Fett4Real paint up a white/prototype version of the esb helmet but I haven't seen anyone do a black/darth version of Boba Fett. So I'm looking for some advice on this helmet.

Mainly looking for feedback with colors for the ears/back panels/weathering/ and most importantly, the color of the kill stripes.

Any feedback/thoughts are appreciated!
IMG_0784.JPG IMG_1611.JPG IMG_3627.JPG txkfh.jpeg IMG_2353.JPG

Wow! That was quick :D For the back panels, I would stick to grey and silver as well just to keep the overall appearance the same. Do you work with stencils or are you freehanding this?

Wow! That was quick :D For the back panels, I would stick to grey and silver as well just to keep the overall appearance the same. Do you work with stencils or are you freehanding this?
I've got a pretty quick turnaround hehe. Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. Not sure if I should keep the grey on the ears though?
I am freehanding some things but I will most likely use stencils for the back panels/dome as I think those are the most important.

Really nice paint up job there. Are you thinking silver kill stripes or a different colour?

Thanks Mina :D !
I'm really not too sure, silver sounds like a good idea but I had originally planned to do red. I'm trying to get some more feedback from the community as this might eventually go up for sale in the cargo hold!

I was telling WF I was going to do this sometime this year actually. I dont want to divulge what I had planned as Ill probably still do it. But youre on the right track

I was telling WF I was going to do this sometime this year actually. I dont want to divulge what I had planned as Ill probably still do it. But youre on the right track
That really means a lot coming from a master painter!!! I'm hoping I can find someone who wants a full commission so I can paint up the whole thing but look forward to your build!!

Red it is then! Should have this helmet wrapped up hopefully by tomorrow everyone. Stay tuned! :)

I’d love to see a full armour set painted up like this. I’m sure it would sell easily. I’d totally buy it if I was not so focused on building my ROTJ kit still.

Update 02/11/219:
Had a busy weekend and got most of the helmet done. Still missing details on the ears, the band around the back and a few other minor details.

Hoping to get more feedback from everyone! Let me know what you think about the kill stripes, I tried to fade them to a darker maroon but it's not so noticeable.

Also looking for feedback on the rangefinder lights, opted for clear LED's for this one.

P.S. Anyone interested in a full Darth/dark Fett commission? Hehe

IMG_0638.jpg IMG_0616.jpg IMG_0619.jpg IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg IMG_0624.jpg IMG_0626.jpg IMG_0627.jpg IMG_0629.jpg IMG_0632.JPG IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0634.JPG IMG_0635.JPG IMG_0636.JPG IMG_0637.JPG

Last edited:
Heres the finished helmet.
She's up for sale if anyone is interested, or if you'd like the full commission please let me know as I'd love to do so!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 236
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 231
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 238
  • FullSizeRender-4.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 235
  • FullSizeRender-5.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-5.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 241
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 228
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back