General custom aluminum/ steel Boba costume (pre-pro ESB ROTJ mix)

thanks WhateverItTakes

...bought some lego bricks to use it as keypad for the gauntlet. as always in this build not screen accurate, but a cheap good looking alternative in my opinion.

IMG_2527%20Kopie_zpsxrluho04.jpg

IMG_2528%20Kopie_zpsrjruqo5b.jpg

IMG_2529%20Kopie_zpswg3gu7dr.jpg

IMG_2530%20Kopie_zpsm5mk0nzs.jpg

finished painting and weathering this week. I also attached the hoses. just have to do the darts on the right gauntlet. next I will attach the gauntlets to the flightsuit with some velcro.

IMG_3720%20Kopie_zpsyv0sevaj.jpg

IMG_3722%20Kopie_zpsplibl6x2.jpg

IMG_3723%20Kopie_zpsc4dlxdpb.jpg

IMG_3724%20Kopie_zpskuoge9j1.jpg

IMG_3725%20Kopie_zpsfhau3cul.jpg

IMG_3726%20Kopie_zpssc6blann.jpg

well well,

so the suit is close to be finished now. I have made some darts for the right gauntlet and through the last few weeks I weathering all the soft parts using acrylic colors. first I dyed the flight suit a little bit darker to fit the color tone of the pre production suit more. I think it actually depends on the reference pictures you are using though. the weathering is not so noticeable in the pictures though, but if you look near you can see some decent dirt. its not so visible because the suit itself is much darker than ESB or ROTJ. the most noticeable weathering was made to the cape. there is a picture of boba fett in the encyclopedia and I wanted it to look like that. I simply bleached some areas of the cape with some chlorine.

now just the wrist rocket is missing and I think I ll have to replace the ankle spats. the actual ones looks a little bit too small. and I need a jetpack:) my plan is now to make a JT 12 Jetpack like jango fett was using.

her are all the weathered softparts:

IMG_3788%20Kopie_zpsbkkhs6fc.jpg

and the armor plates:

IMG_3789%20Kopie_zpsvqylisok.jpg

and some fast snapshots of the whole suit as it looks like now:

13%20Kopie_zpskgtvvofb.jpg

14%20Kopie_zpsgcx3pisi.jpg

10%20Kopie_zpsgzugnyry.jpg

7%20Kopie_zpsyqaln3t8.jpg

2%20Kopie_zpsd2xwmz2k.jpg

4%20Kopie_zpsrykmsafa.jpg

35%20Kopie_zpsi809k8wn.jpg

17%20Kopie_zps7brhqu92.jpg

32%20Kopie_zpsyfdhkqyx.jpg

26%20Kopie_zpsgqpiebkg.jpg

21%20Kopie_zpss9b8anpn.jpg

22%20Kopie_zpsxtw9agfr.jpg

Thank you.

well, before I ll go the jetpack I want to turn the wrist rocket out of an aluminum and a brass rod next week. hope this will went well....

IMG_3879_zpsllncylhm.jpg

:) I dont have the plan .. or time to do so at the moment, but I could do some one day. if so, I ll let you know.

I made some bigger ankle spats for the suit now, so the suit is complete now. I hope to make a jetpack next year. for now I am pretty happy with this suit, still seen as an custom mix of the different types of suits with a functional appearance. here are some pictures of the whole thing:

Boba%20whithe%20Kopie_zps7yssuvo2.png

IMG_3966%20Kopie%202_zps740esv8g.jpg

IMG_3962%20Kopie%202_zpsrmpgzpa6.jpg

IMG_3959_zpslsh4woia.jpg

IMG_3958%20Kopie%202_zpspb1hyo2a.jpg

just had to play around with some pictures ...

Boba%2011112%20Kopie_zpszzd4e0bp.png

Yarith%20Bespin%20Kopie%202_zpsjaczgeuw.png

imp_stardestroyer_bridge_new_m3_0009%20Kopie_zpshisrw1ew.jpg

HanInDockingBay94-ANH%20Kopie_zpsvuh0gnab.jpg

thank you. I dont know the exact weight of it at the moment, but it felt just as heavy like a normal combat gear. maybe 10 kg all in all?..

just build some photoshop image for my jetpack plans and this is what I am planning:

Boba%20Jetpack%20Kopie_zps7jwb1pve.jpg

as I said I want to do a arena style jetpack first...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back