Compression Undersuit?

ObitomoFett

Jr Hunter
Does anyone utilise compression or Undersuits that collect up sweat for their Fett costumes?
I'm from Australia so heat is always here, so I was wondering if anyone wears or can suggest ways to stay cool.

I usually wear an underarmor heatgear longsleeve, it does makes my arms cooler, but i don't think it does much to reduce my core temperature under all the armor, jetpack, vest, harness, and flightsuit.

not really...I just wear my slim running shorts and dri fit shirt. The less I have the better...you are going to sweat either way.

not really...I just wear my slim running shorts and dri fit shirt. The less I have the better...you are going to sweat either way.

I mean like not sweating directly onto the Flightsuit.

- - - Updated - - -

I usually wear an underarmor heatgear longsleeve, it does makes my arms cooler, but i don't think it does much to reduce my core temperature under all the armor, jetpack, vest, harness, and flightsuit.

Does it contain the sweat on the shirt and not your Flightsuit?

I wear a moisture wicking running shirt under the fight suit and I usually still have sweat on the inside of the backplate. It's a warm costume.

Go bareback man. Natural weathering. I wear a cooling headband, hydrate, and crank the fans. TAguirre is right...you're gonna sweat either way.

oh boy. I'm not looking forward to an oven suit, lol… i was watching the behind the scenes from the movie 'the martian", and matt damon is wearing a cool water under suit. i wonder where do one gets something like that?

You could utilize a cooling shirt like race car drivers wear, but you'd need a place to keep an ice pack reservoir, or a peltier chip heat exchanger or something like that.

Since the jet pack covers a fair amount of the back plate, what about drilling holes or slots in the backplate to allow airflow? Heat is one of the reasons I made my flightsuit from lightweight cotton, not sure if it will pass 501st muster but I hate getting too hot and sweaty. Now that I write this, I'll have to figure out a good way to ventilate my backplate when I make it.

Another though is about all the layers. You have flight suit, flak vest, armor, jetpack at a minimum. If it gets too warm I plan on making my flak vest part of the flight suit so there aren't so many layers. Thinking about it anyway.

Another though is about all the layers. You have flight suit, flak vest, armor, jetpack at a minimum. If it gets too warm I plan on making my flak vest part of the flight suit so there aren't so many layers. Thinking about it anyway.

Thats the way to go i realize… the less layers the better

Does anyone utilise compression or Undersuits that collect up sweat for their Fett costumes?
I'm from Australia so heat is always here, so I was wondering if anyone wears or can suggest ways to stay cool.

This:

61y4XwY401L._SL1000_.jpg

was well worth the price from amazon (Amazon.com: FlexiFreeze Ice Vest, Navy: Sports & Outdoors).

I haven't nearly finished my fett, but the Vader is said to be much hotter, and this keeps me cool where nothing else has come close.

I like the idea of the ice vest...but Fett's outfit is very form fitting....something like that is going to stick out too much. That's why I wear chilled neck ties and headbands. There's an Australian company that sells chilled sleeves that are quite slim that may be a good alternative.

Trying to modify the backplate or making the flight suit and vest the same piece to limit layers will have an effect your 501st approval if that's what you're going for.

I like the idea of the ice vest...but Fett's outfit is very form fitting....something like that is going to stick out too much. That's why I wear chilled neck ties and headbands. There's an Australian company that sells chilled sleeves that are quite slim that may be a good alternative.

Trying to modify the backplate or making the flight suit and vest the same piece to limit layers will have an effect your 501st approval if that's what you're going for.

I guess I am a bit slight of build for Fett, so this has the effect of bulking me up a bit. It has ties to adjust the fit so it doesn't stick out. The Vader leather two-piece jacket is just as (if not more) form fitting as compared to Fett's flight suit, but if you fill out your flight suit already... probably not the best way to go. It's much cooler than the gel neck/head kerchiefs, though -- I have tried those in the past and this vest is much better at cooling and lasts much longer (3+ hours).

If it doesn't show, would it matter? I thought 501st specs are more about what it appears to be, not what it is. For instance, the specs for the jetpack include:

• Jetpack sits snugly against the back armor hanging from two white nylon/canvas shoulder straps which exit the back armor through two slots located near the shoulder blades.

But basic certification doesn't require the scuba frame.

If it doesn't show, would it matter?

I'm not a GML. Maybe something to check with Darth Voorhees

The vest I know needs to be closed in the back. So even though the closure might be hidden, it needs to be there for approval. Modding for comfort is a bit of a grey area. I think it all depends on the specifics of what you are trying to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap. The shirt alone is $100...and then I saw the price of the cooling units.

Yeah, not cheap at all! But then again some of us will drop 1300 euro for a Pulce 40 and a Nemrod holster.

But you could take the idea and make your own cooling unit and shirt for a lot less. The hoses could be run from JP in away that are hidden and won't require modifications to the suit. I know that the link below is the super trooper, but something like the way the control harness is hidden behind the sleeves may do the trick.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gall...a-fett-supertrooper-costume-test-fitting.html

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back