Clone Trooper

LuckyCharm

New Hunter
Hello,

I've been looking throughout the internet for lyrcra suits, clone armor, and reproduction helmets for clone troopers.

I've discoverd it is not an easy task nor cheap to get a good quality costumes.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/clonefan.htm - Fan made Suits and helmets VERY good "suggest you look :)"
clonearmor.jpg
- A suit of clone armor
snowboot.jpg
- Snow trooper boots im going to use for clone boots possibly.
Imperial Wares Navigation - Website where clone armor is sold.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002CSYZO/ref=pd_sbs_sg_4/104-9063376-9159929?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=3375251 - A lyrcra suit probably like the one i will get.

All together will cost around $1,700 dollars. I'm not complaining its good quality stuff. But, there is always the chance that i could get it cheaper. Also instead of the ROTS Clone helmet i'd rather have a AOTC Clone helmet, like ARC Troopers.

So it brings me back to my point. This probably isnt the place but it was one of the good "ACTIVE" forums about starwars props relating to what i need that i found. If anyone has any information, selling items, or near my location "Knightdale NC" maybe you could assist me.

Me and my friend are going to do this together and probably go to a convention. So i dont want any atroshish looking equip. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont recamend you buy your armor from Starfortress!! Get your armor over at Clonetroopers.net like I did. Takes some time to fit and finish but the result cant be argued with. The sculpt to go with nick named JM... I would PM some folks at Clonetroopers.net to see what you can figure out. Goodluck!

CloneLR.jpg

Hey, welcome to the board for the first time. Im not 100% sure about the clone equipment, but regardless it is expensive. I noticed that you found starfortress. Some of the stuff they sell varies in details. Like for instance, the Jango flak vest, Ive heard is pretty good, however, like the Jango helmet they sell can be quite in-accurate to obvious details. I cant say anything about the clone armor though, I dont know, it may be one of the best, or worst set out there. If you really want to get involved, you could always make your own armor/ items yourself. As you already noticed, this is primarily a Fett related site, but there are quite a few memebers who may be able to help you guys out, and I think there was also another forums that was just specifically for the clones. Well good luck, it can get tough deciding whats best to do.

-tubachris

I got my armor and helmet for $400 from a brother. I am sure the accessories and tools will end up running me an extra $200, but $600 is a lot better than $1300!

Well, i do not have the time or equipment to make casts of armor, or armor. Thats why i'm looking to buy. I dont have a problem "fitting" the armor or "painting" it. I just cant make it. That site "Clonetroopers.net" looks like it may be of use. I will post a message saying i'm looking to buy some armor and maybe a good quality AOTC bucket.

Oh, soo... why is star fortress so terrible?... The pictures of the clone armor look absolutely beautiful.

No they didnt, LOOK DEEPER DUDE. MR forced all that stuff underground. PM Javamonkey about a helmet and send a PM to TC9948 about armor. You just cant POST that you are looking or you will be kindly reminded not to do that... but if kept in PMs your ok! Its sad that people on that board do buissness that way but its the only way to keep the products available.

LuckyCharm said:
Oh, soo... why is star fortress so terrible?... The pictures of the clone armor look absolutely beautiful.

1. You'll pay through the roof for shipping.
2. IF it gets to you, it will be worse quality than the pictures.
3. The armor is recast, as is much of the stuff they sell on that site.
4. The owner of the site is a known sex offender who fled to the phillipines to escape charges in the U.S.

Excalibur said:
MR forced them to stop selling openly? What' s to make them stop us here when they release the Fett helmet and gun???

MR didn't force anyone to stop selling openly. The clone troopers forum was always hush. Even if MR did complain about selling helmets, they wouldn't be able to do anything about the armor. It's just a board policy and nothing coming directly from LFL or MR AFAIK.

Well, i guess starfortress is a bad option lol. Well since i cant post openly on clone's forums i'll do it here. I am looking for clone armor lol. PM please.

Foxbatkllr said:
4. The owner of the site is a known sex offender who fled to the phillipines to escape charges in the U.S.

Didn´t know that about the owner. That makes me hate that site more than i would have ever imagine.

Foxbatkllr said:
MR didn't force anyone to stop selling openly. The clone troopers forum was always hush. Even if MR did complain about selling helmets, they wouldn't be able to do anything about the armor. It's just a board policy and nothing coming directly from LFL or MR AFAIK.

The CAD (cease and desist) come from Lucas not from MR but they have handed out lots!!! I my self have received one a while back, both from them and from Sony on a different matter. I think they are a bit more relaxed at the moment because of the fact that we are the fans and not enemies trying to screw Lucas. But at the same time MR and other companies pay TONS of cash for the licenses to do prop collectables and they want to make sure that if there making a run of thousands of helmets they want everyone to buy there's not someone elsese who doesn't have a license.

Clonetroopers.net is more or less protecting there propmakers and for good reason, there aren't many who makes them and it can be quite easy to track down who dose it if they post in the public area. Keeps the prop dealers honest too. But I am sure they have had a CAD or two in the beginning. I cant confirm that though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Therea are 3 different clone suits availible now and right now only one awsome helmet. I have the same armor as even, it is the armor that is made for the tall/bigger guys and I have the same helmet too, heck even the same paint job.

LuckyCharm said:
I retract my statement, That site is useless. They have banned selling and trading armor on the board...

we did???

The reason we don't allow wtb armor threads is because the boards would be overrun. We did allow them when the boards first started up and literally 90% of our bandwidth was "I want armor!", which didn't allow enough bw left to discuss the armor. Heck, I get probably 6 pm's a week still and we've been up and running for over a year!

The other reason we are so strict is, unlike this site, it's the official 501st Detachment, and the rules are that you can't go throwing prop maker's names around. This was brought up by the makers themselves as they want to protect their privacy.

As for the MR thing, haven't heard a thing. There's a known "Argentinian" recast going around, and off the record I say screw MR for what they have done to the fans and people that have put their faith in them. On the record, CT.N doesn't support recasting.

As was mentioned before, javamonkey makes the most kicking fan made bucket. His V.3 is amazing. Also, cloner6900, uscmglover, and 9948 all do armor.

Hey have you thought of making your own from scratch? I've just about finished my Commander Gree. The only huge problem is the helmet, which you can buy or make.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back