clawmarks in the helmet...

aguma

Hunter
hey i'm new to this forum but i was wondering...i just bought a don post 96 fett helmet and i want to make a custom mandalorian, so i was wondering how i might put some claw marks across the visor and not just look like i painted it on, i want to actually dent it...i was thinking about heating it up and doing what i would do with my armor's dents only a bit differently... any suggestions?

dremel but CAREFULLY and LIGHTLY I did this to my skirata custom variant collar plate and chest. When I get my helmet there will be a huge 3 lines claw mark from helmet to chest I can't wait to get the helmet then I will be done.

well my camera is missing so i cant take pics and specific...umm...well, i just want 3 claw marks that go somewhat deep into the helmet. sorry, im not good at describing things or being very specific at all lol

Just don't put scratches on the actual visor, any self respecting Mando would change his damaged visor out.

lol believe me, i dont want to do anything to blur my vision...my tusken raider suit was by far the hardest thing to see out of (it only had tunnel vision so imagine that at the local con, bumping into everyone and thing xD) i had to have my sister tug me around (i made her a jawa costume)

As mentioned above, use the dremel. It is the God of tools, but it takes some time to get used to. Just take your time and be careful with it. I'd sketch it on the part before cutting. You may also want to pick up some bondo and sandpaper. You can continuously add and subtract with both the dremel and the body filler. If you go all the way through, you can back it with some scrap plastic.

lol believe me, i dont want to do anything to blur my vision...my tusken raider suit was by far the hardest thing to see out of (it only had tunnel vision so imagine that at the local con, bumping into everyone and thing xD) i had to have my sister tug me around (i made her a jawa costume)

Geez, I couldn't imagine having to wear a Tuskens suit for very long. At least we have fans in our helmets to at least bring in some fresh air and cool things down a bit.

yeah, i wore the tusken suit for about 5 hours and went through about 2 gallons of water lol. and i had to bum money off my friends cause i wasnt aware autographs cost money...so peter meyhew. (however you spell)..chewbacca...cost 20 bucks lol. here is my pic taken with some racer dude who loved star wars lol http://www.hostdub.com/ProjectGLI:tusken_attack:full
im the one to the...right? im holding the gun that took about 3 minutes and scrap pieces in the shed to make lol

Wow that must have been HOT! I'd have dropped by Noon or so without question. I don't do heat well at all. Great costume however!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back