Chris's Season 2 Beskar Build

ShadowX81

New Hunter
Hi everyone! Thanks for letting me join.

After a few months of toying it over in my head, I finally decided to press ahead with putting together a costume for a Season 2 Din Djanrin Mandalorian build after I scored a deal. Some guy on Facebook Marketplace was selling off his costume, and sold me his Sines Leather harness + Crow Props gloves and boots for $350.

As luck worked out, I ran into another deal a few days later. Some guy selling his set of Beskar painted in Alumaluster for what was a pretty decent deal.

The armor arrived today and I was pretty let down. The chest plate had the end broken off in transit. A bit of super glue fixed the break, but the missing paint still has to be fixed. In addition, everything seemed a bit off. Everything was really thick, and didn't seem to sit right or fit together properly, especially the gauntlets and right leg armor. Lastly, I'm fairly certain that this paint is not Alumaluster. It looks more like some kind of gunmetal automotive paint or possibly graphite powder. Maybe one of you guys can confirm that suspicion for me.

However despite these shortcomings there is some good stuff here. I'm pretty sure that I can use the back panels, left thigh, knee, hand armor, and shoulders. It also came with a set of whistling birds and mandoputer that I can definitely put to use. The bucket is a bit weird. While measurements compared to the Great Ape files show that it is indeed 100%, it just looks and feels alot larger than I thought it would. There's at least an inch and a half clearance on either side of my head.

The seller offered me a partial refund with me keeping the armor, and I'm inclined to take it; intending to replace the pieces that don't work while repainting the pieces that do.

I'm also planning on purchasing soft goods from Magnoli, a Season 2 right thigh and hip plates from MonsterFD on Etsy, and leg leathers from Cosmocworkop UK.

What are your guys' thoughts?
20210805_195803.jpg
20210805_195949.jpg
20210805_200008.jpg
20210805_201323.jpg

Last edited:
I mean it looks sick even with the short comings! If that paint isn't Alumaluster you would have fooled me. It looks like Alumaluster to me, though I've never seen the stuff in person.

If you ask me, I would say the chest plate in completely salvageable. Cover the missing shiny spot with dirt and weathering. It wont look out of place if you weather the rest of the armour. It may not be 100% screen accurate but it would still look right. As for the pieces that don't quite fit together, I don't see a problem there. I'm making 3D printed armour right now and I'll be lucky if my pieces line up half as good as yours. If you think it is a problem you could always sand in back a bit.

Bucket size looks fine to me. Remember you'll be a bit bulkier with all the armour on. It might look big now but I'm sure with the rest of the suit it'll be great. I hope the suit works out for you! I'll be following this thread for sure.

Are these pieces 3D printed or fibreglass? You can heat the areas in a pot of boiling water and realign and cool it under cold water to lock in the new shape. This won’t harm the paint and you can repeat as necessary.

So a few months, move across country, and new job later, and I'm back to working on this.

In terms of the saga of the beskar, I chose to outright replace the gauntlets and chest pieces with one from MonsterFD, and sent the rest to him for a repaint in Alumiluster to match. Should have it in a week or two.

I also got a harness from Sines, a set of boots from Gwabo, and a set of soft goods from Leather Fashion Valley which just arrived today. It fits great except for some baggyness in the belly and arms.

It also presents a problem with the harness I hadn't thought of before. The Sines harness fit great right out of the box. However once I have the flightsuit, cummerbund, and leather ab piece on, it puffs the belly out to the point that the leather harness belt a bit too tight. I may have to sew some velcro to a piece of leather as an "extender" for the belt. Luckily the buckle already adjusts to fit. I'm also hoping if I take in the fightsuit a bit (as mentioned it is baggey) that it will help resolve the issue.

Any other ideas?
20220217_172607.jpg

20220217_172513.jpg

20220217_172541.jpg

Pulling back the extra fabric to show how baggy it is.
20220217_172011.jpg

20220217_172442.jpg

20220217_171815.jpg
20220217_171640.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, any updates on your costume? And where did you get the flighsuit/vest from?
Hey, sorry for the ridiculously long wait to reply to this. I had a lot going on this summer and this project kind of fell by the wayside.

The flightsuit, vest, and cummerbund are all from Leather Fashion Valley. It is made to measure and was really amazing for the price.

I have made a couple updates, and have started putting it all together. I'll post a longer update in a couple days.

As promised, here is an overview of the last few weeks worth of work.

So I eneded up repurchasing new gauntlets, chest armor, and leg armor from Monster FD. I also paid Marcus to paint the rest of the armor I bought last year in Alumiluster so it would match.

I managed to aquire a set of left leg leathers and right leg bandolier from 3DPlanetProps and couldn't be happier with the results.

I also made the controversial decision of decided to go with a black series helmet and getting it painted in Alumiluster as well. I know a bunch of people aren't fans of it, but honestly it fits my head perfectly, and if I'm going to be in the thing all day comfort is a factor.

This has now left me with the big task of now putting it all together. I've been putting this off long enough, but with NY Comic Con next week, I've made the ambitious decision to try and get the armor ready by then.

I first started by installing some snaps on my vest and cape to ensure it stays snugly in place. I've then started the process of gluing velcro to to suit to attach the armor.

Vest is still drying, but I just finished up the legs and pants. One thing I noticed when the armor was on however is that the weight of the armor caused the pants to get dragged down too low and ruin the look. IL have to get a pair of suspenders to make sure that they stay up high enough.

I'm also thinking of installing snaps on the cummerbund to ensure it doesn't come out of alignment either. It's a bit of a bold choice, but I don't want to have to keep readjusting it.

Next step is to install velcro on the top for the shoulder bells, and figure out the best way to do the gauntlets.
20220929_165732.jpg
20220929_173011.jpg
20220929_165802.jpg
20220929_174253.jpg
20220929_171706.jpg
20220929_173016.jpg
20220929_171800.jpg
20220929_174218.jpg
20220929_173034.jpg

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back