Cad Bane

Gee2

Active Hunter
Always loved the character in the Clone Wars animation, happy to see the move to live action. But honestly a little disappointed in the translation, especially knowing the episode "From the desert comes a Stranger" was directed by DF. Either way I'm thinking of putting one of these together. I've seen a few good Duros masks but not a whole lot, that's where I'll start.

1643922204846.png

1643921718394.png

1643921663601.png

1643921761324.png

1643921807687.png

I want to print those pistols but now that I've seen the live action pistol, it's different than stl's i've seen. anyone know if there is an updated one in the works?

Haven't heard of anything yet, but I've been looking. I was hoping that WarMachine would take them on similar to the Boba sidearm and Mando pistol as a metal build, we'll see.

Thought this was interesting, apparently someone worked some IT magic similar to the original Luke appearance in the Mandalorian. Wonder if they'll get picked up by Lucasfilm too...

1643988927251.png

Haven't heard of anything yet, but I've been looking. I was hoping that WarMachine would take them on similar to the Boba sidearm and Mando pistol as a metal build, we'll see.
what's warmachine? I've contacted a 3d modeler that has made the animated ll-30 blasters and asked if he could get a model out of the live action. We'll see

Most definitely. I still find it interesting that his gauntlets look nearly identical to the Clone Wars Mandalorian gauntlets.

You know very well they could have edited the face digitally but were too proud (or whatever) to do so. If they didnt make him a duros and make every other duros have a low mouth they could have gotten away with what they did.... but he was a duros so they should have went the extra mile to put his mouth in the proper place. Just like Voldemort had his face CGI'd this could have been done in post easily

A lot of attention over at the RPF for this guy. I'll share what I posted there as well for anybody wanting to take this on.

I worked a Nico Okarr kit a while back and have some pointers that might help. I'm not personally a big fan on the live action hat, more of the wide brim fan from the Clone Wars, but that's me. Anyone thinking of taking on haberdashery themselves, it can be done but it is not for the feint of heart. I worked a 3D hat form and used a 1/4" acrylic disc with a 18" oval diameter for this one along with several hours of steaming the creases, brim etc. You'll need a hat blank (don't go cheap on this), a form or several, hand steamer, iron, hat stiffener and a whole lot of patience, but it can be done.
As an aside I've used a costuming seamstress from Etsy on several projects, the last one being Okarr. Who has a very similar type jacket, with some different flair, etc. I had planned on talking with her on the live action Cad Bane costume as well. I'll share what I learn if anyone is interested.

NO.jpg

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back