Budget mando build - is this ebay soft goods set a good base for 3D printed armor?

jconway2002

New Hunter
Hi everyone,

I would like to do a budget Mando build. I found this cheap set of soft parts on ebay and was wondering if anyone had experience with it? I would like to use it as a base to attach some 3D printed armor to.

I am also wanting some advice on ordering this as it is coming from China. Has anyone bought this ? if so was it ok quality? I am building a Mando costume for my son.
thanks
Maggie

I am also wanting some advice on ordering this as it is coming from China. Has anyone bought this ? if so was it ok quality? I am building a Mando costume for my son.
thanks
Maggie
I received the costume today. Its terrible. I would spend a bit more for a xcoser or skycostume.

I can attest that the Skycostume Mando is a great base to start with. The only real complaint I have is the vest is a little short but depending on your body type this may not be an issue. I have a long torso so I have to cheat a bit to get it to sit right.

I received the costume today. Its terrible. I would spend a bit more for a xcoser or skycostume.
jconway2002
BM - Bummer.gif

I click on the link you provided and it looks like it is around $77.00? I do hope you can return it, so that money can be allocated in a better piece.

Like bigkidbiggertoys said, some pics would be great. Also, what didn't you like about it - specifically?

-Iron

Here is the Skycostume base. The helmet is the Black Series helmet and is oversized. I am printing a smaller sized helmet that is more proportional.

Attachments

• 75EAC522-4811-4DBF-B366-EA7CA0F025D2.jpeg
    75EAC522-4811-4DBF-B366-EA7CA0F025D2.jpeg
    501.4 KB · Views: 241
bigkidbiggertoys
Not bad! And is that a Fennec standing next to him?
1652485494390.png

But one wonders why you went to the Black Series helmet route and not with the bucket that SkyCostume coulda provided?
1652485504058.png

1652485515842.png

I mean c'mon, that thing is sweet - when compared to the Black Series bucket!
1652485625904.png

You know what? Don't answer that! Hahaha! SkyCostumes helmet offering is hideous! I will say, them soft parts look decent enough though.

-Iron

One thing about the Skycostume set is the measurements don’t allow for much variance in body type. I usually wear a mens medium but had to buy a second suit in mens large. I am a little wider in the shoulders and the first suit was just too snug to be comfortable. By a size up unless you have a slender build.

And yes, their bucket looks sweet!

And yes, their bucket looks sweet!
bigkidbiggertoys
Yeah, that bucket is fantastic!
Laughing - Serious.gif

I should think a Rubies bucket would be better, yeah?

To SkyCostumes,
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be mean/rude, but in what world would that helmet ever fly?
1652561285429.png

Kinda reminds me of something my dad woulda gotten for me as a kid. Once upon a time my mother tasked my dad to get me a pair of shoes for school - I think I was in middle school (Mid 1980's). He comes home with a sweet pair of Trax from KMart. I gave my mom the look of you're not gonna make me wear these, right? But she spoke up right away and goes "Absolutely NOT!" She took me back to KMart to return them and we went to the mall and got me what the other cool kids wore.....Nikes. Oh the good ole days!

Yep, I was comparing Trax Shoes to a SkyCostumes Mando Bucket.
1652561900543.png

-Iron

Hello! It looks like the Ebay listing is using the same images as the Skycostume product. Is the ebay one worse quality that the Skycostume one? Not sure which one to get. How was your experience with the ebay vendor from China? Thanks in advance!

Sorry for disappearing on all of you. Im back! I ordered the ebay costume and skycostume, and although the ebay listing images are identical to the skycotume images, it is not the same costume! The ebay one is a very thin material and very brown. I will try and post some pics soon.

Beautiful! How did you do the shading/weathering on the soft goods?
I just used my airbrush with some black acrylic and went over the seams of the suit to darken and shade them then went over the whole thing with random squiggly spots of desert tan acrylic to add a “dust” layer

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back