Brand New to Fett Costume

I realized that this is going to cost me about £1000 for a level 2 certified costume, so I have decided to take my time with it, slowly build the fet over a year, I want it completed for celebration next year.
Out of those is there one person who does a complete set ? I would want to save on shipping

To be honest you will most likely spend closer to £1500 to £1750 when you factor in shipping costs. There is a waiting list for some items with long lead times from various makers...it all depends on how detailed you want to be with the build. There have been complete sets sold recently that are T2 certifiable but they range £2200 to £2500 on the cheap side BEFORE shipping.

Your best bet is to target one item....finish it...then move on to the next. I would suggest starting with a quality helmet and see if you have the desire to finish it through. That would set you back about £130-150 probably with shipping. Then move on to the armor or jet pack as your funds allow. Purchase the armor as a complete set so your pieces match better.

Get into this with the understanding that if you want this done right....it WILL be an expensive hobby for initial investment.

Jumping on the bandwagon and follows this thread instead of posting a completely new one. :D
New to the forum and in preparation of buliding my own Boba Fett armour, and some other SW projects.

I see a lot of people throwing Bobamaker around but don't forget about RS Propmasters. They are based in the UK as well and do outstanding work. They even offer finished pieces. I would highly recommend that you take a look at them.

Yes.....seconded. RS Props makes some incredible pieces. I have worked on them in the past and I am currently working on a jet pack now.

Yeah i have checked RS prop masters but they do not have anything in stock :(

Going to check out the cargo hold for the random bits

Ok so i spoke to RS prop Masters they can make everything for me

So now i need to know who to choose from

Bobba Maker Complete hard armour set, comes with details to transfer on after painting: £287
RS complete hard armour set -£280.99

So its only £6.00 Between them !

For the helmet:
Bobba Maker £175
RS £150

So £25.00 between them

Jetpack:
Bobba Maker: £290 with Harness and Aluminium beacon
RS £225- Not sure what it comes with

Gauntlets :
Boba Trooper £200 all in painted and finished
Bobba Maker: £190 raw

Now who do i go with ?

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Both are quality makers. You'll be happy with either!

Have you compared sizing? What about their wait times? This may affect your decision.

RS doesn't do gauntlets? If you're going with Boba Maker, stick with all one armorer to save on shipping.

Personally I'd go with BM. His wait time may be fairly long, but....
BM lid is based off of a Sgt Fang. A little small but a great mold.
the RS is based off of an MR cast, and looks a little off.
BMs jetpack is awesome, I have one. His new gauntlets look great, all ABS so will be a bit lighter.
Good communication and he typically hits his mark on forecast time.

Last edited by a moderator:
just FYI the RS jet pack comes with all the greeblies but it has a cast resin beacon, not an aluminum.

I am currrently painting up a ROTJ SE scheme on an RS Props jet pack and it is a great cast.

Gauntlets :
Boba Trooper £200 all in painted and finished
Bobba Maker: £190 raw

Now who do i go with ?

I have boba trooper guantlets and am thrilled at the quality of the work he did. They are top notch leaving his area. The one thing I would suggest...which he did for me...is to have the metal darts (not resin) attached to the guantlet. It costs a little more, but I absolutely love mine. The darts simply will not break (resin ones will break easily when trooping). The detail boba trooper did is amazing...everything is 100% accurate. I had a minor issue with my guantlets, but the guy was super cool and fixed me up quickly. I strongly recommend him (you will get your guantlets WAY faster this way).

Or you could order from the states, get all your hard parts from FP and not worry about wanting to upgrade later as you'd have the nicest gear available. Obviously youve got to do what feels right to you. Better to postpone these decisions till you've had ample time to read more on the forum.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Both are quality makers. You'll be happy with either!

Have you compared sizing? What about their wait times? This may affect your decision.

RS doesn't do gauntlets? If you're going with Boba Maker, stick with all one armorer to save on shipping.

Sizing not bothered because i am oddly the same size as Jermy Bulloch during his time as boba,

Wait times are : 4 weeks for RS on the helmet, jet pack and gauntlets

They only do ESB gauntlets not ROJ

Personally I'd go with BM. His wait time may be fairly long, but....
BM lid is based off of a Sgt Fang. A little small but a great mold.
the RS is based off of an MR cast, and looks a little off.
BMs jetpack is awesome, I have one. His new gauntlets look great, all ABS so will be a bit lighter.
Good communication and he typically hits his mark on forecast time.

BMs looks amazing the detail of the v3 is insane, its got uneven edges and everything

just FYI the RS jet pack comes with all the greeblies but it has a cast resin beacon, not an aluminum.

I am currrently painting up a ROTJ SE scheme on an RS Props jet pack and it is a great cast.

RS has Aluminium, in my price they said it comes with all the allu parts but not the harness, the harness is £40 more which makes it work out to the same as Boba maker

I have boba trooper guantlets and am thrilled at the quality of the work he did. They are top notch leaving his area. The one thing I would suggest...which he did for me...is to have the metal darts (not resin) attached to the guantlet. It costs a little more, but I absolutely love mine. The darts simply will not break (resin ones will break easily when trooping). The detail boba trooper did is amazing...everything is 100% accurate. I had a minor issue with my guantlets, but the guy was super cool and fixed me up quickly. I strongly recommend him (you will get your guantlets WAY faster this way).

Boba Trooper is just down the road from me it looks like i will buy the gauntlets from him because 1. save on postage and 2. its all pre painted, i wonder in the £200 quote he gave me included the metal darts ?

Or you could order from the states, get all your hard parts from FP and not worry about wanting to upgrade later as you'd have the nicest gear available. Obviously youve got to do what feels right to you. Better to postpone these decisions till you've had ample time to read more on the forum.

Thats true but the cost of postage would be another helemt, and i dont plan on buying the parts in one go, i plan on buying a different part each month this way i can afford the build.

It looks like i will be going with RS, they are in stockport 4 hours away from london- though i will have them post it to me.

as BM is based in portugal, and the shipping would be super expensive over time.

Now i need to learn about the sevo and LED options

Those are my light kits. I don't know if any of them will fit the RS props rangefinder. I used an asok/animefan topper as the template, so I don't know if a kit will fit.

Those are my light kits. I don't know if any of them will fit the RS props rangefinder. I used an asok/animefan topper as the template, so I don't know if a kit will fit.

Ok thats good to know i am sure i can modify the Rs props one to fit or i can modify your lighting kit

How does the servo kit work ? what swtich does it use ?

It uses 2 accurate alco push button switches on the wireless transmitter. The servo kit is wireless; there is a transmitter that goes in the gauntlet and the servo plugs into the wireless receiver/controller board. I have a WIP thread abou the servo kit somewhere here.

Great thanks does it have the LEDs that fit into the top of the rangefinder too ?

or do i need to buy the servo kit and the Led kit ?

The servo kit does not come with any lights. The rf kit comes with all the lights that is needed for the rangefinder.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the blaster, I'm not positive but I think it won't. There is a big size difference between the toy and an actual webley. Also the toy will not work for an esb suit.

The blaster is not required for 501st approval. This is due to that fact that the 501st is a worldwide organization and there are some countries where even prop guns are illegal.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back