Boushh Boushh Paint and Dye Colors?

tkRyno

Jr Hunter
I've started ordering parts for my wife's Boushh. I don't know if I can budget for an airbrush right now, so this will likely be another budget Boushh. Can anyone provide a list of recommended spray paints for the hard parts? While we are at it, I thought I might ask about leather dyes as well.

I used Rustoleum spray paints & used a number of different browns for the armor & the helmet. I will try & compile a list of what I used on all the various pieces.

That would be great toolguy301! I'm looking forward to ordering some of your awesome 3d printed parts on shapeways too!

Here is the spray paint color list that I used on my wife's Boushh: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f68/boushh-wip-now-complete-501st-bh-82371-a-47893/

All paints were Rustoleum.

-Helmet-

The base silver color: Silver Metallic #7271830, after spraying this if you are doing a layer method use a matte clear coat on it to help with paint adhesion.

The main color I used for the helmet: Flat Brown #214085

Used for weathering:

Ultra Cover 2X Satin Expresso #249081
Satin Enamel Dark Brown #241239
Satin Enamel Chestnut Brown #7774830
Enamel Leather Brown #7775830
Gloss Dark Grey #249115

-Armor-

Main Color:

Enamel Leather Brown #7775830

Weathering:

Flat Brown #214085
Ultra Cover 2X Satin Expresso #249081
Satin Enamel Dark Brown #241239

Some flat black was used for the weathering on the helmet & armor as well.

The weathering was done misting the colors over the helmet & armor lightly to give it an irregular & worn look. Experiment to get the desired affect.

The majority of the damage on the helmet was done with layered method, but some of it was done topically.

I hope this helps if you have any other question let me know.

This is great! Haven't got an airbrush so great to see that others have done it with spray paint too. Now I feel a bit more confident getting to work on my helmet.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back