Boba/Jango Fett Range-finder w/ wireless control

LightningLion

New Hunter

Hello everyone! I just wanted to share with you my first successful electronic project (I normally get to a point where I don't know how to progress). I'd love to get into the prop/cosplay building world, so I started by electronics and programming, which is a thing I have knowledge on (which you can easily deduct from my lame cardboard rangefinder haha).

This is a Boba/Jango Fett rangefinder, controlled wirelessly by two buttons: one up, and one down. It can achieve 3 positions:
-Vertical (starting point).
-Facing backwards, as Jango Fett does.
-Facing forward, with custom blink sequence (I have no clue on which sequence is the correct one, so I made one I like).

I'd really like to hear your feedback, suggestion for extra features and even suggestion for other electronic things. I enjoy building, designing and thinking projects, but lot of times I don't know what to create. So, hope you like it and I'll await your comments.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Share the diagram and list of componentes please
It would be something very similar to this:

cQLhdvH.png

Radio Tx/Rx are like these:
Aliexpress.com: Comprar 433 Mhz superheterodino RF receptor y transmisor para Arduino Uno inalámbrico módulo DIY kits 433 Mhz control remoto de 433mhz remote fiable proveedores en QIACHIP Official Store

Which I would NOT recommend. Better get 315MHz and superheterodyne ones.
One of the power supplies was a 3.7V LiPo cell, and the other was the USB of my computer.

Yes, Arduino will always need to be propgrammed. Otherwise it's just a paperweight. The servo needs to be installed inside the helmet, then you attach the staff in the way you like. I'm still building my helmet, so saddly I couldn't make any further progress with this project.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back