Boba Helmet (bucket) sizing question

JBFETT

Jr Hunter
So after a lot of research and questioning, it seems that the best way to get a helmet is to build one myself but I have never tried to paint or build something this complex. I decided I want to purchase a ROTJ helmet completely finished, assembled and painted for my actual outfit and I will buy cheaper kits to practice on myself in my spare time. I am a little smaller than average though and have the fear of getting a helmet that swallows my head :eek:. My hat size is a 7 1/4. Does anyone know where I can maybe get an idea of what kind of Boba helm I should be looking for? Thanks so much, any info helps!

-Josh-

Last edited by a moderator:
Get in touch with ASOK. He sells the GMH helmet which is a little smaller than the average helmet and may work for ya :)

I am 5' 7" or 67". I am an athletic build, size 30.5" waist but a little bit bigger arms and chest. I know the original armor was molded for someone that is 6 ft tall so I was just making sure his head wasn't way bigger than mine and when I buy armor I was making sure everything fit and wasn't going to be too big on me. You have any insight on anything that could help maybe catbread?

- - - Updated - - -

but also on another note, Boba was only 13 years of age when he put on the armor. So I guess i could be representing him when he was in his earlier years if people say I'm too short to be Boba ;)

Jeremy Bulloch is probably just shy of 6' With your description of yourself my thought would be to think about the relationship of the helmet to your shoulder width. You don't want to look like a bobble head but you don't want to look like a pin head either.

I would probably recommend an Asok GMH helmet as has been said above. The Bobamaker is about the same size too. I have one of each and they are very similar in size.

I'm around your height, 5'8", but I'm a very slim build though. I had a GMH and it was the perfect size. I'm receiving an MR Premium from animefan shortly and I'll be able to compare how big they are for ya.

much appriciated, I got in touch with BM and he said I could get in a slot but its a really long wait, January 2016 before he starts on mine, If I do get a helmet from ASOK does anyone know of anyone else who paints helmets? any pictures? thank you guys!

Here are some pics of size comparison between the GMH and FP Premium that I found that may help with your decision. uploadfromtaptalk1431699911876.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431699921047.jpeg The second picture is the GMH, FP premium, and then resin GMH I believe.

I think the second pic with Slave1pilot is FPH, FP budget, and GMH.

You can see the ears are cast on the second helmet which would be the budget mold. The first pic has detached ears which would be the Fett Pride Helmet.....MR cast...premium. And the third being the FP GMH cast which was also fiberglass.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.....

Found the post!

for comparison
Here's my Fiberglass MR Premium on the left, and the fiberglass GMH in the middle, and the Resin GMH on the right.

comparebuckets3.jpg

Granted, these were taken months apart (and I did lose 25 lbs since the first 2 pics were taken), but it's obvious that there's a slight problem.

That's as far as the helmet will go on.
*insert "big-head" jokes here if you must*

well then, there ya go........Thanks for the clarification. I remembered the thread but couldn't precisely remember the helmets.

Hate to bump this up again, but I found another fantastic picture that shows just how similar in size the two are. Probably the best picture I've found thus far.fpbuckets019.jpg

Got my MR Premium. It definitely feels a bit bigger than the GMH, since I don't have them side by side I can't really say by how much! Sorry if that's not too helpful. :p

I'm 5'6" with a 7 1/4 hat size and I have a pretty skinny build. I ended up making my own which comes in smaller than the GMH. I'm planning on casting it over the next couple of months for smaller head sizes, although being scratch built, it's not as accurate or as high quality as some of the vendor helmets.

Going off that picture, is the resin GMH smaller than the regular GMH? :confused

I'm 5'6" with a 7 1/4 hat size and I have a pretty skinny build. I ended up making my own which comes in smaller than the GMH. I'm planning on casting it over the next couple of months for smaller head sizes, although being scratch built, it's not as accurate or as high quality as some of the vendor helmets.

Going off that picture, is the resin GMH smaller than the regular GMH? :confused
That's what I understood from the picture. It is a couple of years old though, so I'm not sure.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back