Boba Fett ROTJ cape dimensions

Timgree
I've heard of people say they have found it. I've just found it to be easier to re-create (or have my seamstress re-create) that stitching. Additionally, because my cape in particular is one piece of material (Not two), they way my seamstress does it is she folds the cape material in a zig-zag fashion, irons it down flat and then stitches it kinda like this....
View attachment 236594
Hope that makes sense. When I first brought it to her and asked what I wanted, she said "why cut it in two only to sew it back together? You'll only have problems down the road" She actually broke out her iron to show me her idea, and I was like "Cool, do that!" She also created that other smaller seam to the left of the bigger seam too. I had her do that with the olive drab color thread, and as per the pic on the 501st CRL I opt'd to have her do the bigger seam with a tan/beige thread.

Best,
-Iron
Makes perfect sense, and I appreciate the information. Folding the fabric is what I considered doing as well.

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back