Boba Fett 11" 1/6 vinyl model kit

jusdrewit

Hunter
Almost done with my Boba Fett vinyl kit, just need to complete the base and it should be done. Did Rotj SE colors. I've had this kit since 2006 so it's been awhile lol Hope this is the right forum.
20200513_134531.jpg20200513_134338.jpg20200513_134355.jpg20200513_134419.jpg20200513_134324.jpg

There you go I have the PP2 Screamin Boba... I think Id love to get one of these.
Nice! I would love to get one of those one day and paint it up preprod colors. This was def fun but took me awhile. It was my first vinyl kit and definitely very different than plastic kits or Bandai's Boba kit. Because I had strengthened the vinyl to make it more sturdy, that made making both arms cradling the gun a bit aggravating later, and I snapped the rifle once. Aside from those minor issues though it was pretty fun. Not the most accurate Boba, but still is a nice display piece. Currently working at drilling holes in the heels to mount it on some wood with pegs so it's a bit more stable and has a nice display base.

Nice! I would love to get one of those one day and paint it up preprod colors. This was def fun but took me awhile. It was my first vinyl kit and definitely very different than plastic kits or Bandai's Boba kit. Because I had strengthened the vinyl to make it more sturdy, that made making both arms cradling the gun a bit aggravating later, and I snapped the rifle once. Aside from those minor issues though it was pretty fun. Not the most accurate Boba, but still is a nice display piece. Currently working at drilling holes in the heels to mount it on some wood with pegs so it's a bit more stable and has a nice display base.
Yeh its good from 10' away lol...

Minor update as a I made a wooden base for it. I originally stained the wood, but varnished wood just didn't look right so I tried a different color. Mando skull on the base is something I just drew up on a thin plastic sheets, then painted it up and glued to it. Hopefully should be done now!

Attach01.jpgAttach01_01.jpgAttach01_02.jpgAttach01_03.jpgAttach01_04.jpgAttach01_05.jpg

Very nice and thank you! That's on my bucket list too, one day I'll get to that. Hope to see your progress on your Screamin' when you get started :)

Very nice and thank you! That's on my bucket list too, one day I'll get to that. Hope to see your progress on your Screamin' when you get started :)
Well , here are the main segments together so far. All primary paint is done but I am just waiting to get around to adding the decals, remaining components like tubing, the little connectors, and the cape , final weathering, then I'm going to have to glue this big thing together somehow! Lol
Of course I will also have to make a custom base for it as well , but I have no idea what I'm doing with that yet.
20201103_225841.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm pretty much done with my 1/6 Kaiyodo Boba Fett vinyl model kit (at least for the time being). It has quite a few upgrades; the helmet is 3d printed, painted by me and can rotate, the jetpack is a HT version and weathered and chipped as it was a clean version, the ee-3 is replaced with a 3d printed ESB version, and the cape is now cloth and custom made by myself. All decals on this were custom created by myself and printed on decal paper as well. It's not perfect, but it certainly looks much better than the stock version IMO. Thanks for looking!

2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG4a.JPG5a.JPG7.JPG8.JPG10.JPG1.JPG

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back