bmx potty + filler = helmet?

terminal fettler

Active Hunter
seeing as i've been scouring this awsome site for info, pictures and tips over the last three months, i think its only fair i offer up my efforts for you guys to rate. This helmet is based around a found bmx helmet that loosely resembles the MSH dimensions, the construction uses 2mm plastic card and car body filler + many hours! I'm going to cast in resin and fibre glass with an aluminium filler, the idea being to polish to a shiny finish and then layer paints. i would be greatfull of any feedback/critisism before i go to cast it......

DSCF0001_25.jpg

DSCF0002_19.jpg

DSCF0003_14.jpg

DSCF0004_13.jpg

DSCF0005_13.jpg

DSCF0006_14.jpg

DSCF0007_10.jpg

DSCF0008_6.jpg

Jango Fett Jr

Well-Known Hunter
Tell me you did not scratchbuild that. You're joking right? :p

If you did in fact make that yourself that is fan-friggin-tastic!! All you scratchbuilders are doing amazing work lately, I'm very envious of the skill you have to build an entire helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:

superjedi

Sr Hunter
I have to echo what JFJ said. . . you scratched that????????
Geez, if I had any sculpting ability at all. . . grumble, grumble

Absolutely stellar!

BigJon

Active Hunter
You made that in 3 months?!?

Got any work-in-progress pics? I'd be highly interested in seeing how it came together.

Ripcode

Well-Known Hunter
The scratchbuilders are coming out of the woodwork! :eek:

Nice work man! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

superjedi

Sr Hunter
The only possible, tiny, insignificant thing I could mention would be the line I've highlighted below. I believe it's supposed to be vertical, rather than angled in as you made it.

scratch1a.jpg

Predatormv

Well-Known Hunter
The dent looks strikingly similar to my MSH2 dent. It also has the same wavy brow as my MSH2. I would be very intrested in seeing progress pics.

MARROW SUN

Active Hunter
Predatormv said:
The dent looks strikingly similar to my MSH2 dent. It also has the same wavy brow as my MSH2. I would be very intrested in seeing progress pics.

Really? I thought it looked more like the BM helmet dent and brow.