Bending resin EE-3

Boba Fret

Hunter
I was wondering if there was a way to bend resin? I recently got this EE-3 used and the piece between the stock and grip seems to be bent a bit. Is there a safe way to straighten it?

2DB79CE8-13FF-418A-A78D-8470504D14EB.jpeg

I wouldn't risk it without breaking the piece. If you're trooping I highly doubt anyone would notice the bend.

If your willing to risk it, I would suggest gentle heat with a heat gun on low setting or hair dryer if you don’t have a heat gun. Using gentle pressure, slowly move it into place. Otherwise, I would just leave it as is like BudaFett said.

If your willing to risk it, I would suggest gentle heat with a heat gun on low setting or hair dryer if you don’t have a heat gun. Using gentle pressure, slowly move it into place. Otherwise, I would just leave it as is like BudaFett said.
Hey! Thanks. I mulled over what you suggested for a while, did a little more research and decided to go for it. I did it very gently and only for a little bit and the resin definitely complied without breaking. Im about 90% of the way there. I’ll do another round of heat and bending tonight and see if I can get her straight as an arrow. Thanks for the advice!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back