Average ESB Boba Fett build cost

AdamFett007

New Hunter
Hello everyone!!! I am waiting to finally start moving forward in Drea of owning a screen accurate ESB build. So I have this question, how much does the average guy put into a build? I am not a very good painter so I'm going to go ahead and say I'm going to have everything painted by someone else. By my research, I'd say that I'm looking at at least 5k. Any thoughts, or advice going forward? Thank you!

Hello everyone!!! I am waiting to finally start moving forward in Drea of owning a screen accurate ESB build. So I have this question, how much does the average guy put into a build? I am not a very good painter so I'm going to go ahead and say I'm going to have everything painted by someone else. By my research, I'd say that I'm looking at at least 5k. Any thoughts, or advice going forward? Thank you!
This is pretty accurate on pricing if you not doing it yourself and hiring painting services. Make sure you do your research first and check out a few W.I.P.'s to get an idea of what to get. Also check the cargo hold frequently for items that people are selling as well.

I painted everything myself and spent about $3500 for both my ROTJ and ESB Fetts. I added a fair amount of metal that bumped up the cost as well as the screen accurate jetpack harness. You can get cheaper everything but if you're going for screen accurate there are only a few folks to source the raw parts from and a handful of folks that are reliable painters, IMO. Good call by the other response talking about keeping an eye on the cargo hold. You can probably do better price-wise getting parts on here as people often upgrade their stuff and sell the old. I know that's what I'm starting to do as I upgrade to all of Minute's highly accurate armor...

If you’ll be commissioning painters then yes, plan on at least $5,000. Depending on how much or little of the rest you can do yourself and what upgrades matter to you (e.g. metal parts, found parts, etc.), other costs can add up and you can easily find yourself north of $7,000.

And as we often say: Fett is never finished, only abandoned. ;-)

Last edited:
Can be done withing the 5k budget,like others have said if you start down the road of found parts,and screen accurate parts you could easily spend 6-7k, I personally have less than 3k in my Rotj suit but I also have yet to have anything painted,I also have few found parts mostly replicas,few metal pieces and I made my own Blaster.

A time honored tradition with this costume is upgrades, which adds cost over time. The first build can take enough time that you start to notice the parts you bought early on were not accurate (because you didn't know enough yet) and then you spend more money to replace those errant purchases. A smart build either goes super fast (under 6 months) so you don't catch the mind virus of replacing items for better accuracy, or if you already know you want it to be an accurate build, go slow and do your research and find out what's the best stuff to purchase the first time around. Research and knowledge can save you money.

Last edited:
A time honored tradition with this costume is upgrades, which adds cost over time. The first build can take enough time that you start to notice the parts you bought early on were not accurate (because you didn't know enough yet) and then you spend more money to replace those errant purchases. A smart build either goes super fast (under 6 months) so you don't catch the mind virus of replacing items for better accuracy, or if already know you want it to be an accurate build, go slow and do your research and find out what's the best stuff to purchase the first time around. Research and knowledge can save you money.
Nodding head in agreement as I upgrade every piece of my ROTJ Fett except the helmet (and I just misted some metal ears to upgrade THAT part of the helmet!). I got into it somewhere in the middle where I spent about $3500 but painted it all myself and did it fairly fast and fairly accurate. I'm now circling back on a couple of my Fetts but that's what I like to tell my wife is "new Fett money"... :)

I'm literally rebuilding my entire kit because I bought things in a hurry and while the kit don't look bad to most to the fett heads you see the inaccuracies. It's best to just slow down and do the research. My kit is cobbled together with mismatched parts and it's functional for what I need but I'm completely revamping everything because I've been bitten by the "accuracy" bug lol

I'm literally rebuilding my entire kit because I bought things in a hurry and while the kit don't look bad to most to the fett heads you see the inaccuracies. It's best to just slow down and do the research. My kit is cobbled together with mismatched parts and it's functional for what I need but I'm completely revamping everything because I've been bitten by the "accuracy" bug lol
I did the same thing man. I got to eager and boy it but me in the a&@.

The best advice is “buy once, cry once”

Take time, use the search function to find build threads for esb and find makers and search them out.

Big Dane for the jetpack harness

Machinecraft, quest designs, wasted Fett, or Minutefett for metal parts( minute makes great armor and helmets too!)

Arkady, Clothiers (I have no idea how it’s spelled) Kohien Enterprises, or Kryptontop for soft parts

These are just a few suggestions. Not a complete list at all and some people swear by some of them and some hate some of them. I have had great interactions with everyone listed. I haven’t bought from all of them ( I have from almost all) but my correspondence and or transactions with them have been great!

You seem to have a great start/ or are already knowledgeable so you will do great.

Biggest thing to do, post that build here! We want to see it man. We don’t care if you don’t think it’s good enough or feel like it can’t compete with some of the stellar builds, we are here to help and we would love to see what you do. This forum and community has been so helpful and supportive. It’s amazing!

I am thankful to everyone here and they pushed my builds to levels I didn’t think I could hit.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back