"arrows" on the front of the helmet

jpawlak

New Hunter
I am 75% ready to start building my helmet (I am going to make a cardboard mockup first, sans dome, to see how everything goes together first, then move to the Sintra and batting helmet), and I am curious...how do you put the "arrows" on the front of the helmet (above the visor), and what size are they, etc? Thanks! :)

DL44 Blaster

Well-Known Hunter
I don't know how much instruction you're after, but the arrows are to be recessed into the helmet, if that's what you mean. They don't "sit" on the surface.

Hope that helped :)

Steve

GrottyFurball

Active Hunter
I've seen them be cut in with a drill and file, also have seen a big rectangle cut out of the helmet filled with bondo and stamping them in while the bondo is setting.

Sixxgunn13

Well-Known Hunter
Measure twice, cut once...(y)

cut out arrows, then place sintra behind it... thats how i would do it.

simple and quick.

jeod66

New Hunter
I had the front section of my scratchbuilt helmet covering in spackling paste, so I just took a knife and carved the arrows out of it.

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Hey Ronin, you make any casts of that yet?
Not yet but very very soon. I am just a bit busy at the moment. I am deperately trying to get my Fett ready for Celebration Europe (and seem to be fighting a losing battle :lol: ) and i have a ton of courses to attend during May which seem to be taking up all my 'fett' time.

But as soon as i pop these kiddies out of the molds i will post here immediately. Not sure if anyone will be interested in them but its another bucket for people to consider.