AnyonNot much of a fan of the new boba fett design…

Psssh Boba doesnt need to be fully armoured. The man can handle himself just fine lol.
Also I still stand by my theory he could have melted some of his armour down to repair the jetpack...We'll have to wait and see about that.

Last edited:
The original Fett costumes for the OT were a triumph of design. This community's existence is a testament to that. The new design is nothing of the sort.
This is probably the best comment I’ve read in years with regards to Star Wars and the legacy it’s created.

“This community’s existence is a testament to that”.

It’s so true and everything since pales in comparison. ROTJ even falls short as it starts to regurgitate what came before. Everything we get now is a glimpse into what we’ve already received for better or worse. Not slighting anything, just stating the obvious but with that said.. it’s also why I still watch those two epic films on repeat to this day. The pure imagination and wonder each create is endless.

This new Fett design is just another ho-hum retread that is kind of, sort of familiar to use all. Another walk down memory lane. I just hope they have a good story to tell within all this familiarity. That’s all I really care about these days anyhow. It’s even made harder now as it has to appeal to children more so than adults.

Last edited:
This is probably the best comment I’ve read in years with regards to Star Wars and the legacy it’s created.

“This community’s existence is a testament to that”.

It’s so true and everything since pales in comparison. ROTJ even falls short as it starts to regurgitate what came before. Everything we get now is a glimpse into what we’ve already received for better or worse. Not slighting anything, just starting the obvious but with that said.. it’s also why I still watch those two epic films on repeat to this day. The pure imagination and wonder each create is endless.

This new Fett design is just another ho-hum retread that is kind of, sort of familiar to use all. Another walk down memory lane. I just hope they have a good story to tell within all this familiarity. That’s all I really care about these days anyhow. It’s even made harder now as it has to appeal to children more so than adults.
How old were you when Star Wars came out?

I am a big fan of the OT and I love what they made back then but seriously... Costumes are of alot better quality and possibly made with a little more acting in mind. I think that's why Mando has no collar or cod piece either.

I don't think we'll get to see where the 'missing' pieces went. Honestly I hope not because it would just be fan serving the costumers nerd niche right here (i fall into that category) rather then good story telling.

When it comes to this version or the re-armored version seen in the Mandalorian my personal preference goes to the latter.

RBF I was old enough to see it in the theater on its original release.. but still young enough to have taken that magic pill that has swept me away to another galaxy ever since.

Costumes are better quality and much easier for actors these days on a whole that’s for sure. Just ask Anthony Daniels right?! :) The evolution of a character over time would lead to one having different clothing styles I would hope. Not to many people (just short of Dr Jones) wears the same clothing 10, 20.. 40 years later.

Costumes are better quality and much easier for actors these days on a whole that’s for sure. Just ask Anthony Daniels right?! :) The evolution of a character over time would lead to one having different clothing styles I would hope. Not to many people (just short of Dr Jones) wears the same clothing 10, 20.. 40 years later.

Also the original Fett costume was really uncomfortable for Jeremy for long periods of time. He mentioned the jetpack was very heavy, the gauntlets being sharp on his wrists and the Webley of course being hefty too (hence his stance in ESB and how he held it, which ultimately helped in the end with his iconic demeanour). Tem seems to pay a lot of respect to Jeremy in the new live action incarnations which I'm a big fan of. He also paid some homage to him in AOTC.
Of course the original Fett suits are pure works of art. They've been around 40+ years now and are the heart & soul of TDH. Obviously we're always going to favour those that's just how it is and how it always will be. We're all diehard fans!
However i'm cautiously optimistic with the designs and am very excited to see Fett moving forward, I hope for some old EU content brought to live action.

It's the shape of the new helmet that bugs me. The paint is fine, the soft parts are fine... the step in the range finder stalk is fine, I guess...but...that helmet sculpt is just too tall...the t-opening has changed... Some of this could be the camera lense, but... meh.
258870490_10221075554943868_1308612275122653372_n.jpg

It's the shape of the new helmet that bugs me. The paint is fine, the soft parts are fine... the step in the range finder stalk is fine, I guess...but...that helmet sculpt is just too tall...the t-opening has changed... Some of this could be the camera lense, but... meh.View attachment 217677
Yes, the helmet shape is the one thing that should've remained consistent at all costs. I didn't like that it wasn't the ROTJ helmet heavily weathered and then repainted in Mando Season 2...which is why my life size S2 Boba does indeed have a MinuteFett ROTJ cast painted with the fresh look. Screen accuracy be darned on that one! :)

I'm an easy going fan. And for me when I wanted to do a Boba Fett costume, back in 2019, I was onboard with doing an ESB variant. But after REALLY looking at the ROTJ one, landed on that because I fell in love with the Red Gauntlets and his Jetpack Color. And after being here on TDH awhile I must say I do love the bickering amongst members here on which Fett variation is the best. (I sat by on the side lines and chuckled mostly)

Oh also, not sure if anyone noticed that post credit scene, But Boba's Jetpack Beacon had a Red LED shining on it.....
Red LED in Beacon.jpg

I just found that interesting, not sure if we'll see that Red LED in the new series!

I have witnessed this with the Cobb Vanth costume variant. I found it absolutely disgusting when it premiered. Now its my favourite variant of the "new Bobas".
RamSkirata
That comment made me nearly spit out my drink! (The "absolutely disgusting" bit)
:lol:

Cheers,
-Iron

I'm an easy going fan. And for me when I wanted to do a Boba Fett costume, back in 2019, I was onboard with doing an ESB variant. But after REALLY looking at the ROTJ one, landed on that because I fell in love with the Red Gauntlets and his Jetpack Color. And after being here on TDH awhile I must say I do love the bickering amongst members here on which Fett variation is the best. (I sat by on the side lines and chuckled mostly)

Oh also, not sure if anyone noticed that post credit scene, But Boba's Jetpack Beacon had a Red LED shining on it.....
View attachment 217681

I just found that interesting, not sure if we'll see that Red LED in the new series!

RamSkirata
That comment made me nearly spit out my drink! (The "absolutely disgusting" bit)

Cheers,
-Iron
I actually kinda like that screenshot :)

Was the nature of your spitting out your drink a positive or a negative one?

RamSkirata
Oh I assure you it was positive! I found it hilarious!

Oh and please for the love of god, please, please, please turn this back to flamethrowers!
Boba Fett - Laser Blast from Flamethrower Nozzles.jpg

While that action sequence was some of the most bad assery I've seen outta Boba, they really shoulda kept them flamethrowers.

I still hypothesize that Boba can change those nozzles to either shoot out flame or lasers via the buttons on his left gauntlet. So, maybe multi-purpose? But then why did they also make his right gauntlet do this.....?
Boba Fett - Flamethrower.jpg

So.....akimbo flamethrowers then?
1638559336269.png

It perplexes thy mind. Hahaha!

-Iron

There
Is
A
BOBA FETT
SERIES
COMING!!!

I'm just over the moon. I never ever thought this would ever happen, Tem is back, its sure to expand and connect all existing movies.... I mean....WOOOOW!

I just can't anywhere find it within myself to 'fall over' too large ear pieces or a blue stripe on the pack.

Kept them flamethrowers? Jango used something on screen but in all honesty we havent seen Boba do anything in the OT, really. So its quite a creative blank slate.

Costumewise maybe this version will be a start point and weathering will increase and maybe he'll add stuff as the show progresses. Like he did with the braids/cape. Something like that :) again... Over the moon :)

Can’t say I’m a fan of the new look. Prefer the OT versions. I hope they don’t ruin the character with the series.

I guess im in the minority, i like the look, i feel like it tidied up the look for MS2. Not a fan of the gators in brown though, but i can overlook that :p . i also love the blue on the Jetpack lol. So much so, i plan to do a mando using that color scheme. Keep in mind also that staute/toy whatever it is the blue is WAY too bright and ruins the look, makes it look silly. The first pic of the actual pack the blue is MUCH more muted and i think it looks great!. I also really like this pack in general as it pulls from the Bo Katan pack A LOT. That said, nothing will ever beat the OT looks.

So you're planning on making a Mandalorian Protector kit essentially from the old 80s Marvel comics?! Do it!!!

Also - as a whole I think the new Boba Fett design is ok armor wise but I absolutely looooooooooooooooath the all black soft parts. For being in the MMCC and being on my clan's command staff as one of our costume compliance officers - I am so darn tired with Mandos having black soft parts. I would put money on approxmately 75% of all MMCC members having black soft parts - it's over done and frankly doesn't look as "badass" as most people think it does.

The new Boba should have definitely been rocking more of the mythos Boba Fett statue vibes with the tan soft parts - specially with his use of Tusken gear and also with the potential backstory that it looks like the Tuskens found him and may have helped nurse him back to health. So change the color of his soft parts - and I wouldn't have many complaints with his new look.

So you're planning on making a Mandalorian Protector kit essentially from the old 80s Marvel comics?! Do it!!!

Also - as a whole I think the new Boba Fett design is ok armor wise but I absolutely looooooooooooooooath the all black soft parts. For being in the MMCC and being on my clan's command staff as one of our costume compliance officers - I am so darn tired with Mandos having black soft parts. I would put money on approxmately 75% of all MMCC members having black soft parts - it's over done and frankly doesn't look as "badass" as most people think it does.

The new Boba should have definitely been rocking more of the mythos Boba Fett statue vibes with the tan soft parts - specially with his use of Tusken gear and also with the potential backstory that it looks like the Tuskens found him and may have helped nurse him back to health. So change the color of his soft parts - and I wouldn't have many complaints with his new look.

I respect your opinion! That said i think people should do what they like, especially if joining the MMCC as a self created character. If they like the black soft parts then so be it, its thier suit to do as they wish.

For the new Boba, i do agree that the mythos type look would have been a better idea to base this look off of. That said, i still like the look and dont mind the black soft parts...though them being more faded and weathered would look better to me. Its just those brown Gators i really dont care for lol.

As far as what i want to do... . In my mind, my "timeframe of existence" would be Post Empire. I would/could incorporate anything from any eras before because, as in the real world, you can always mange to obtain something from the past. If that is OK with the MMCC, then i MAY consider joining, otherwise im just gonna do my thing. My main objective is to just have some fun with it while staying in universe. Im a 501st member, and i am just naturally a stickler for details so the regulations never bothered me. I usually end up exceeding them cuz its just my thing. But for an original design i dont feel i NEED to join a group. Im not even sure i'll do anything at all yet lol. That said, time will tell i suppose!

Oh for sure. Not down playing that people shouldn't be able to do what they like haha I just found it humorous that with the costume designers and general people involved actually taking to the heads of the MMCC back in the day, that they didn't avoid the "black soft parts" trope of Mandalorians. Boba looked intimidating without needing to use the typical "I'm intimidating" color of black. So to me, his character design just screams "I'm trying to hard to look intimidating and relevant" - but that's just my personal opinion.

Also, a post-imperial Mando with a similar color scheme vibe (minus the green soft parts potentially) would look awesome
1639068933274.png

Mythos Fenn
I know that pic you posted was from a comic, but I gotta say, how would y'all feel about them White Kill Stripes going right across the forehead? (Also White Lower Cheeks too - Bleh)

....For me, that's a big NO-GO! Again, this is just ones opinion. If that were to appear in the new series, like ShortFuse I'd still watch it, but for me, just not a fan of it - hahaha!

-Iron

Mythos Fenn
I know that pic you posted was from a comic, but I gotta say, how would y'all feel about them White Kill Stripes going right across the forehead? (Also White Lower Cheeks too - Bleh)

....For me, that's a big NO-GO! Again, this is just ones opinion. If that were to appear in the new series, like ShortFuse I'd still watch it, but for me, just not a fan of it - hahaha!

-Iron
If done right, it could look good but taking that overall design 100% just doesn't look right when translated to real-life. Might be cool if there was a version of that as a flashback to a young Boba with some stylistic differences but the storyline wouldn't really make sense given what Disney has currently done with Boba's character.

That being said, you have definitely given me some inspiration of how I want to paint up one of the spare helmets I have - white forehead kill stripes, here I go! ;)

One of the aspects of Boba's new look that I actually love are the design etching on the trim of the shoulder bells. Such a fun addition!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back