Any blaster bracket interest?

I got mine a couple of days ago. I have Sidewinder's EE-3 and it is extremely close to his bracket size. I had to trim a little of the slot on the stock for it to fit. It's not perfect, but I'm not going to do any more cutting on the stock.

To attach it to the stock, I tried to match the holes on the original, but was a hair off. I squirted some gorilla glue in the old holes and will redrill once it hardens. At the grip end, I put some bondo in the space to even it off, then sanded it. It matches up very well. Unless someone has a better idea, I was going to drill a hole all the way through the grip and attach a bolt of some kind to ensure a tight fit; a little gorilla glue will be added as well. To get a good bond on the aluminum, I'll scuff it up with a grinder first.

Finally, I cut the thumbrest off of the old stock, trimmed it and will probably drill a hole through the bracket and attach the thumbrest that way. I don't trust glue to bond to the aluminum by itself.

I'll check with my bud stellardude, but he might be interested in one... provided the price is still the same as last run, $30 ( what's the shipping cost to Canada? ). (y)

I just PM'd stellardude.
On the last run, total cost to Canada was $35.
As the interest count goes up, I will inquire about cost again(cost of aluminum)
Right now the interest count is at four.

For those of you who inquired about a blaster bracket back in April.
I found an extra bracket, it is now in the cargo hold for sale.

As in my last post, the interest count only went up to four. As always if there is enough interest I can do another run.

Seeing as I'v egot my hands on the parts needed to start on a blaster for display, I'm interested in one of these brackets for myself. I'm in no hurry what-so-ever.

how the heck did i miss this?

I'd be able to scrape the money together for one, I'd like to replace the one i had previously made at work

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back