Another Harness build

Sixxgunn13

Well-Known Hunter
Inspired by member Spy007 harness build, I decided to do something I was procrastinating for years.

Making my own harness as close to the original as I can. Here are some pics of where I'm currently at.
IMG_1424.JPG
IMG_1426.JPG
IMG_1429.JPG
IMG_1435.JPG
IMG_1437.JPG

Well this "first" attempt is done, pls excuse the bad solder job. I have to clean it up as it's has tape residue etc... only have to rivet the cross bar.
I was trying to avoid using to many rivets (2) and I succeeded, the crossmembers are snug and don't move. Next time I'll use a spot welder and improve on bending the rods. Overall I'm happy that I'll be able to use it this Halloween.
Thx for all the praise and cheers.
Now here are the pics.
IMG_1502.JPG
IMG_1503.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_1505.JPG
Here it is on my pack. I call this the frank & beans pic..lol
I just need to make the slots that rest on the crossbar and gather up all the webbing and hardware to call this done!

IMG_1549.JPG
IMG_1550.JPG
Well here is the almost complete harness.. I went with plastic on the shoulder strap areas.. till I locate the proper hardware. I need to tweak the upper loops then I'll call my suit 95% call complete.

I think you're gonna need those white straps a good bit longer. Whoever is dressing you is gonna be fighting to get those thru the backplate and it's gonna put a lot of pressure on the backplate against the harness. I was having lots of trouble with my harness/collar/backplate/jetpack choking me (as I learned, almost every Boba has), before I spent the last month making some adjustments. If you've been wearing the kit without the metal harness, you're also probably gonna need to add an inch to the shoulder connections of the backplate too. It pushes back more than you think.

I've got a thread over on the Bounty Hunters Guild detailing my process. I should repost it here for all the Bobas who don't plan to go 501st (and there's always more activity here). I'll try to get that done soon.

Looking good
How did you bend the aluminium rod?
Hey, sorry I haven't been here for a bit.. all I did was fill it with playsand and packed it down till I couldn't fit anymore in then sealed up both ends tight and bent it around my knee. Take it slow and it should bend fine.

Thanks, I already made the white webbing longer and it works fine. Hope to see your posts soon!
I think you're gonna need those white straps a good bit longer. Whoever is dressing you is gonna be fighting to get those thru the backplate and it's gonna put a lot of pressure on the backplate against the harness. I was having lots of trouble with my harness/collar/backplate/jetpack choking me (as I learned, almost every Boba has), before I spent the last month making some adjustments. If you've been wearing the kit without the metal harness, you're also probably gonna need to add an inch to the shoulder connections of the backplate too. It pushes back more than you think.

I've got a thread over on the Bounty Hunters Guild detailing my process. I should repost it here for all the Bobas who don't plan to go 501st (and there's always more activity here). I'll try to get that done soon.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back