An official "Hello" to TDH Community (finally)!

Boochman

Active Hunter
Hi Everyone,

It has certainly been a long-awaited introduction, as I've been lurking in the shadows of this amazing community for quite some time. I'm looking forward to starting a ROTJ Boba Build, which I'd strive to achieve 501st approval with! The insight and information I've read this far has been amazingly helpful in planning my build, and I look forward to the presumably long road ahead!

So, why 501st...?

I live in Upstate New York (Rochester), and work as an Intern Architect at the largest Architectural Firm in the city - been there for about 8 years. A co-worker was offering some tickets to a John Williams tribute show being performed by the local orchestra, and I gladly took the tickets off her hands for my brother and I. We walked in the door and were instantly greeted by a jawa, haha. I had no idea that the local affiliation of the 501st would be there, and to be honest, I had no idea what the group was. The costumes were amazing! I looked into the group shortly thereafter, and learned that all of the costumes were hand made. This sparked my interest as I'm typically the guy that makes his own costumes for Halloween, haha. I decided, after finding this site/community, that my love for the best intergalactic bounty hunter needed to shown. What better way than to go trooping as him...?

So I mentioned that I'm an intern Architect. In the state of NY, you are considered an intern until you become fully licensed (after passing 7 exams). I have decided to provide some incentive for advancing my career - I will not allow myself to work on the costume until I pass a test! When I pass a test, I will purchase a piece of the Boba Fett puzzle, and begin working on it till the next test comes along. By the end of this process, I will hopefully not only be a licensed Architect, but I will also be trooping as a 501st approved Fett!

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate all of your assistance in advance, as I begin my journey!!!

Jamie

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well, as of about 1 month ago, I have officially passed all of my Architectural Board exams! I just need to get the paperwork from the state, and I am a Licensed Architect!!! This is huge for my career, and an amazing feeling to know that I am officially DONE studying. It takes its toll on you mentally, and physically; my Wife & Daughter are happy to have their normal, stress free Husband & Daddy back, haha!

That being said, per my initial comment; I have been collecting parts and pieces of my ROTJ Boba for quite some time. Over the past few nights, I have began weathering my first piece! I decided to start with my MOW Boots, and they're looking grimey!!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back