Almost there...

clmayfield

Active Hunter
Negative, negative. It didn't go in.

I just got my jumpsuit back from the shop for some tailoring and figured I would put together what I had. I still have a lot of small things to do and some large things to do.

Thing 1: go into traction to get a longer neck. Seriously, I don't know how I can improve on this one.

And as for the side pockets, I realized after looking at the pics that I put one in backward (and obviously haven't weathered the back of it). I tucked them in, so I still need to add velcro to attach them, obviously. And then there are the knee pads, the greeblies on the EE-3 (I have them, I just haven't painted and installed), the gloves, and obviously painting the gaunts (Lou is going to do that) and the pack (on order from Lou/ DVH). I got in a hurry and didn't properly drape the cape over the shoulder, which is a big deal. I'm learning.

So close, I can taste it.

Almost20There202200420012017_zpse3forem1.jpg

Almost20There201200420012017_zpsndgb70lx.jpg

My thighs are pretty darned thick! I agree that the knee armor will add some transition between my calves and my thighs. It will make it look a lot better.

Honestly, my dimensions are not right for Boba. I have broad shoulders, a thick, short neck, a big head, and a short torso. Boba is tall and lanky... no one has ever described me as lanky.

I was reading an article that said that with my build, I am better off as Jango, which is probably right, but I like Boba, durnit!

And I understand that Bulloch bulked up for ROTJ, but I like ESB Fett, durnit! So I guess I am trapped between what I like versus what I am best suited as costume-wise.

To be truthful, I don't look near as bad build-wise as I thought I would. I am 5'8" 235 pounds with a 48" chest. I have been looking for a mannequin with my dimensions for 6 months. I now realize I am going to have to improvise if I want to stick this on a mannequin because they just don't make mannequins with my dimensions.

Feels good beeing so close! I am at the finish line too... [emoji1]

Put "more weathering for shoes and jumpsuit" on your list...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Don't you just hate it??? I'm 5'8 and even with insoles I'd be to short for esb fett. So I thought, why not rotj se!!! That's what I'm building now! Yeah temuera Morrison is 5'7 so for us short people that's a 2nd option.

Sent from my iPhone

Put "more weathering for shoes and jumpsuit" on your list...

Yeah, that is one of the benefits of taking pictures before it is done. I weathered the crap out of the jump suit. It looks very dirty in person... to the point that I thought I had overweathered the shins. I take these pictures and it looks pretty clean. I think I have done enough wet weathering and I am going to need to do some dry weathering. I knew the hip pockets weren't weathered enough, but it looks like the thighs and arms are underweathered as well. And frankly, the shins look dirty, but maybe not dirty enough.

As to lengthening your neck, maybe you can add padding inside your helmet to raise it on your head. If you don't already, you may find you can't really see out of the horizontal part of the visor and that you look out the vertical part more. From what I've read, this is how it really was. So along with how hard it is to see out, you find yourself tipping your head down to try to see out of the horizontal part, this covers your neck more. So try to keep your chin up, looking through the vertical part and also consider padding on the inside of the dome.

Weathering is funny, especially if you're doing it wet, it looks darker when wet. The good news is it's easier to add than to subtract.

I feel for you man Im 6' at 275lbs I have a build thats not quite Fett either and everything Ive got Ive had to modify one way or another and to top it off I have a big ass noggin also so I was doomed from the get go but thats not going to stop me either, all I can say is keep up the good/hard work!

So along with how hard it is to see out, you find yourself tipping your head down to try to see out of the horizontal part, this covers your neck more. So try to keep your chin up, looking through the vertical part and also consider padding on the inside of the dome.

Yeah, I have a construction helmet liner in there, so it is lifted up. I agree with you, it looks better when I look through the vertical part, so that is what I will have to do. I might have to set the helmet up differently, but I have not added the chin strap, which I was going to locate towards the rear of the helmet to actually pull the helmet up and forward. Right now, my nose is pressed up against the visor. This will also help that situation out.

And yeah, no big deal on weathering some more. If I had to remove the weathering, I would be screwed. I might try the brush on the thigh pockets jbdubz weathered those thigh pockets perfectly and it looks like he used a brush.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back