Custom Mandalorian A work in progress

omarq2012

Jr Hunter
So this is my kit that I've had one public appearance with and was wondering if anyone had any advice to make it look less wonky.

FD3009BD-2936-4FC2-B964-03A55366D934_zpsgpvhcvdn.jpgCE604E85-F6A5-46D7-99F5-0B8781EFE814_zpskdo9xltg.jpg

I think your armor needs some thickness added to it (like return edges) and the helmet probably needs to be replaced completely. Its really circular and has little to no depth to it which really messes with the look of the entire suit.

I think your armor needs some thickness added to it (like return edges) and the helmet probably needs to be replaced completely. Its really circular and has little to no depth to it which really messes with the look of the entire suit.

I would agree with Raizo, maybe adjust the helmet to more of your head size ( I may be wrong), but the helmet looks really big on you.

I think I get what you are saying by "wonky" but I think (only my opinion) that it looks more like a "formal" suit rather than one that has been in battles. Like an officer wearing dress uniforms opposed to the battleground/combat fatigues.

Halnis said it well... "Weathering" could definitely bring it to life a bit. The weathering and scars on mando armor is what tells the story. What the mando has been through. Or at least the they have been through something. Gives story to the character and the character to the armor.

That would be the "depth" Raizo was speaking of.

Tell the story of your mando through the armor.

Sent from my iPhone

So here is an update on my kit. There has been a little work done since his picture but not much. (Excuse the crazy medusa hair I have)

4F646C24-CA32-4CAF-BE98-4FEC725B0405_zpsctkwjmqp.jpg

I would agree with the weather aspect, not saying it's bad, but I think the coloring needs to possibly have some highs and lows. Make certain things to pop with adding depth. It looks awesome for a first WIP, you will only get better with trial and error :)

of course opinions are like...well you know ! but this is my opinion....your helmet is to simple/plain you need highlights and or greeblies to add functionality. Your forearm armor needs to be more complex...same as your leg armor. its just a single piece and it looks very simple....layers is the secret...look at stoormtroopers-boba fett ....everything about them are in layers NOTHING simple in any way !!! just my opinion i like your chest armor...ie layers !!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back