A Little Help on Electronics

Jesuit24

Hunter
For my first bucket, I had two 12V fans hooked up to 9V + 2xAA each, a hearing system with 3xAA, a rangefinder kit with a 9V and a wireless reciever for my mic up to 2xAA. Obviously, this got pretty heavy with all those batteries, not to mention a pain in replacing them all.

For my second helmet, I want to eliminate as many of those power sources as possible. I'm getting a self contained RF board so that won't be an issue and I've already got a 12V 1800mAh rechargeable battery. My question is whether I could wire that rechargeable battery to the two fans and the hearing system and keep them powered for at least a six hour troop? Or maybe I'm better off getting two rechargeables/a more powerful battery?

What I do in my TD is have the battery pack (lithium rechargeable pack) in my backplate. For Boba all my batteries are in the jetpack and I run wires to the places that require power. Like the chest display and speaker and what not. I don't use fans in boba but I do in the TD as it has less of an open area.

I'm wanting to keep all my electronics in the helmet so it makes it easier to take it on and off without unhooking a load of couplers. That's why I've got a wireless transmitter in my helmet for the mic so I can permanently attach the mic in the helmet (I got frustrated with constantly knocking the headset every time I put the helmet on). I not sure if I can run my 4.5V hearing system off a 12V rechargeable battery if I'm sharing it with two 12V fans unless resistors get involved.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back