A Hello from North Carolina!

grumbobulon

New Hunter
I'm Violet, new to Star Wars and cosplaying.
I've been hanging around the forums without an account for a few weeks now, soaking in the ocean of information out there.
Hoping to make a Holiday Special Fett soon, but I've been so swamped in information that I'm not quite sure on where to start. Belt? Gloves? Etc.

Any advice and recommendation is welcome, especially on the flight suit/neck seal and simplified armor.
Thank you all for having me. This space has been a godsend and great to read.

Hello and welcome
I don’t have much information on animated Fett. I do know Uhbif was making helmets. He was also modeling the rifle at one point. I’m sure there are other makers of parts here. Uhbif is the first one that comes to mind.

Arkady would be a good one to chat to about a flight suit.

Last edited:
Ubhif is definitely the way I want to swing for a helmet/rifle when possible.
I had no idea about Arkady but after reading 50 pages of glowing reviews I'm definitely going for them, thanks for the recommendation!

Welcome! There's a few ways to go about it. I personally just started buying the most expensive things first. Lessens the blow mentally when you get to the small stuff lol. Or, if you are going to do work on your on items, painting, sanding etc, get the the items that are easiest to start with and learn the process first. That way if you mess up you aren't out a TON of money. Enjoy the hobby!

Thank you for the advice! I'm in the part of planning when everything seems like the most expensive item lol.
Which items are easiest to start/practice with? I'm wanting to paint and sand my outfit once I get it, but to a less severe degree since it's the Holiday Special.
More than incredibly excited about painting the bucket, that layered paint technique with masking fluid is so cool!

Welcome!!! For the sake of expediting your search, the artist that MinaFet was referring to is Uhbif. He's a very talented builder and
does top notch work on whatever he builds. Here's a link to his 1978 Holiday Special Helmet he was working on...
Hope this helps you!!

Last edited:
Welcome!!! For the sake of expediting you search, the artist that MinaFet was referring to is Uhbif. He's a very talented builder and
does top notch work on whatever he builds. Here's a link to his 1978 Holiday Special Helmet he was working on...
Hope this helps you!!
Thanks for giving the correct name hvacdon, bad typo on my part oops.

No problem Mina, glad to help! I've had a problem remembering exactly how he's listed also in the past....
So what do you think Violet, did you have a chance to look at the link yet?

Thank you for the advice! I'm in the part of planning when everything seems like the most expensive item lol.
Which items are easiest to start/practice with? I'm wanting to paint and sand my outfit once I get it, but to a less severe degree since it's the Holiday Special.
More than incredibly excited about painting the bucket, that layered paint technique with masking fluid is so cool!
I haven't started painting yet but the armor, specifically the back plate and then front plates appear to be the easiest place to start. Yea I'm excited about the bucket too. I prepped it but haven't started officially painting. There's so much detail necessary that I want to get my technique down before I start it, which means I'm doing everything else first to build up the skill.

I'm a little stumped on the Holiday Special ensemble currently because he's missing things like the back plate and flak vest. Excluding them would be accurate, yes, but I worry they may negatively impact the build.
Having to mount the jetpack on the flight suit as well as the braids might cause discomfort. Wondering if I may have some input here? You've all been a big help so far.

Wilmington NC Here... but I am in the long painful process of trying to do an ESB Boba Fett... this started 2 years ago and thousands of dollars later and issues with vendors I still have no idea when it will be done. Fun Times :sick:

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back