46and2 ROTJ WIP

Great work man! Long time coming!

One thing that stands out I think is that your right shoulder armor is a little lower then your left. The bulk from the hoses pushes it up slightly, but if you look at the corners, your right matches up with the edge of your vest, and your left is up slightly. I think if you moved your right shoulder up more to match the left, that would help take away some space so you could move your braids a bit more towards the collar. It's minor, of course, I'm just being picky :) It also seems to me like your flight suit is a bit bunchy in the arms (especially that first shot). How does do you feel the suit fits?

Again, looks great man. Love that starry background ;)

Thanks, Aaron. I'm going to get on it. I posted on the Bounty Hunter Guild also and got some great feedback there too. The flight suit...well that's something that never fit right from the start. It's going to need a trip to the tailor.

Thanks again. I'm working on a Star Wars-ish themed wall in my kiddos' playroom. Makes for good contrast for taking pics.

Great looking suit! But...

There are some small tweaks you can make to your costume to be more accurate. The gauntlet and the knee darts stick too far out from their sockets (here are the originals):

Boba-Fett-Costume-MoM-080701-081.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-MoM-080701-052.jpg

Also the lower left knee dart is painted black, the same way as the right one (not too visible in this image, but it's there):

Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-Jabba-02.jpg

The ROTJ Anti-Security Blade should look like this (it is much longer than the ESB version and has the painted red stripe):

ROTJ Knife.jpg

The jetpack has some faded red in the thruster center and side metal parts (the first 2 image are of the post ESB, pre ROTJ jetpack), but the right one might be unpainted or the paint chipped off (the last image):

Boba-Fett-Return-of-the-Jedi-Jetpack-02.jpg Boba-Fett-Return-of-the-Jedi-Jetpack-05.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-Skiff-02.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-08.jpg

Thanks Raf! Great tips. I'm going to get to work on those now. One thing I wanted to ask you: I posted the same pics on the Bounty Hunter Guild and had some great feedback there too. But I was recommended to pain the left "turn signal" arrow on the front of the helmet black, not the Schwartzgrun 70 blue that I used. Any thoughts? It's blue, the same color as the cheek uppers on your templates (which I went by. And were absolutely amazing and essential for every painted part of my costume. BIG thanks to you for those!!!)

Thanks again

Thanks Raf! Great tips. I'm going to get to work on those now. One thing I wanted to ask you: I posted the same pics on the Bounty Hunter Guild and had some great feedback there too. But I was recommended to pain the left "turn signal" arrow on the front of the helmet black, not the Schwartzgrun 70 blue that I used. Any thoughts? It's blue, the same color as the cheek uppers on your templates (which I went by. And were absolutely amazing and essential for every painted part of my costume. BIG thanks to you for those!!!)

Thanks again

Thanks for taking the constructive criticism so positively! It is a possibility that the left arrow was painted black, as the Supertrooper, which was converted to the Pre-Pro #1 suit, had the red and black arrows, and the Pre-Pro #1 was used as a template for the promo suits (the Pre-Pro #2, Promo #1 and Promo #2 suits) by Sandy and her associate. The problem is that it is hard to tell from the exhibit images what color they used:

MoM_2002-06-16_605.JPG Boba-Fett-Costume-SWTE-080708-48.jpg

I say you can go with both versions, it is up to you what you chose. Also you must repaint the right arrow to a more vibrant red color.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back