3D Printable Armor with dents (ongoing project)

psych0ticmisfit

Active Hunter
This will be an ongoing project. I will slowly be working piece by piece. So keep checking back for future progress.

I have been wanting to print some armor and could never find any dented armor files that were available. So, I decided to do my own, but then i got lazy and put it off for a year while i worked on lightsaber models and painting various helmets. Then today I remembered that there were some files available but without the dents. So I talked to RafalFett and he gave me the go ahead to use his files as a base for my project. I will make these available to everyone as soon as I or we feel they are ready.

I started today on the left chest plate. This is a quick pass and I wanted to get everyone's opinion, before i go any further. I am also looking for great references that anyone may suggest would be helpful to get this at least somewhat accurate.

Thanks and I cannot wait to hear feedback.

Thanks!

boba-left-chestv2.png boba-left-chest-anglev2.png

Last edited:
Awesome! When I used RF’s templates to make my own armor from scratch, I used his paint templates to Mark where the dents are so that there is no misalignment with the templates, and the dents. Good luck, can’t wait to see this all unfold!

Awesome! When I used RF’s templates to make my own armor from scratch, I used his paint templates to Mark where the dents are so that there is no misalignment with the templates, and the dents. Good luck, can’t wait to see this all unfold!

Hey thats a great idea. I will look at the paint templates as well as reference images. Thanks for the idea.

That left chest plate looks great. Can't wait to see the other parts. I forget to ask for which version you do the dents? Will you tackle all the versions or just the major ones (ESB, ROTJ & ROTJ SE)?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back