ROTJ Dental File question

mainst69

Active Hunter
Hey guys, I was just admiring a couple of ROTJ's that Dom did for Jesster and another fella (name escapes me, too much paint/bondo fumes). I was just wondering, you know how there is a couple of dental files in the bottom of the keyslots on the ROTJ helmet, do you think they just took those off the whipcord housing on the ESB gaunt and just stuck em in the keyslots when they were doing the costume build for ROTJ?

Stupid question, but it just crossed my mind when I was looking at the back of the helmets.

Hey guys, I was just admiring a couple of ROTJ's that Dom did for Jesster and another fella (name escapes me, too much paint/bondo fumes). I was just wondering, you know how there is a couple of dental files in the bottom of the keyslots on the ROTJ helmet, do you think they just took those off the whipcord housing on the ESB gaunt and just stuck em in the keyslots when they were doing the costume build for ROTJ?

Stupid question, but it just crossed my mind when I was looking at the back of the helmets.

No, they didn't took the dental files from the ESB gauntlet, as all the suits were done before the filming of Empire began. Most of the helmets had/has the dental files in the rear keyhole, except the ESB Hero and possibly the Pre-Pro #3; I say possibly the Pre-Pro #3 because there's no clear evidence of the files, especially that the helmet (in its current state) has the MQ-1 board taken out:

PP3 Rear Keyhole.jpg Boba-Fett-Third-Prototype-Helmet-010.jpg

Also, here's the ROTJ helmet (photo taken by David Heilman in 1980), which was part of the ESB Promo #1 suit:

Heilman Helmet_05.JPG

No, they didn't took the dental files from the ESB gauntlet, as all the suits were done before the filming of Empire began. Most of the helmets had/has the dental files in the rear keyhole, except the ESB Hero and possibly the Pre-Pro #3; I say possibly the Pre-Pro #3 because there's no clear evidence of the files, especially that the helmet (in its current state) has the MQ-1 board taken out:

View attachment 102844 View attachment 102845

Also, here's the ROTJ helmet (photo taken by David Heilman in 1980), which was part of the ESB Promo #1 suit:

View attachment 102846

thanks Raf! These are the kind of stupid things I think of when painting!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back