EE-3 Carbine ROJ

It looks like you made the bracket out of MDF. I did the same and it may be an issue, depending on how heavy your stock is going to be since MDF isn't the strongest wood. Also, when making the new bracket, be aware of the reciever angle; from the last picture it looks when you hold your blaster straight, the receiver and barrel are going to be pointed downwards

Thanks will make sure to remedy that on the next stock so I get the alignment spot on, this one was more of a tester

MDF is very weak the bit that connects is only 1cm so you may be right looks like the stock break the bracket. If I drilled two holes and put screws through it would that be enough to strengthen it?

i noticed some blasters have grips on both side, does the correct version only have one grip on the right side ?

Yeah, the real blaster has only one grip on the right side. The other is just the flat bracket.

I added two screws (opposed to the screen accurate one) to the bracket/handle just to keep the stock from rotating on that one screw. I had a real wood stock, so the back end was pretty weighty. I feel like it can hold the weight of the stock fine but if I I can feel it warp if I try bending the bracket sideways, so with enough side pressure, I'm sure it will snap (if I dropped it or fell on it, it would go, but I'm reasonably happy with it for general trooping). It just depends on if you are after peace of mind. Here's a link to where I started with my blaster build, hopefully it helps:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/se-boba-build-48927/index4.html#post649840

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back