ROTJ Undersuit

The right blue hue?! Lol.
Who the hell gets to decide that?
Send this guy over here for a discussion if he dares. I don't presume to know the exact color but if he thinks he does I'm sure we'd love to hear his thoughts.

Oh it is included, but my suit doesn't have the "right" blue hue

That sort of behaviour irks the hell out of me. I understand screen accuracy is an important aspect to get right for trooping, but to get that pedantic over a shade of colour? Especially with well prepared research suggesting it wasn't a mere mishap. I figure he was having a rough day and wanted to take it out on someone.

Well, your costume is wonderful. And we all can see the leftover dye residue on the exhibition photos.

The real question is, why do you want to join the 501st? Is it to be able to troop at Conventions or non-Con events (children's hospitals, food drives, etc)? Is it to make friends with fellow costumers? Is it for the pride of saying that you're 501st? These are important questions to ask (seriously). You don't need to be a member to see upcoming events on most of the garrison sites, and anyone who would turn you away is clearly missing the point of costuming, and/or doesn't know much about Boba Fett. You can be like Frank Sinatra: hang out with the Mafia without ACTUALLY being a member.

The mere fact that they don't have a fully-updated RotJ Fett page says a lot (no gauntlets? Seriously? No hip pouches? With completed Snowtrooper and Biker Scout CRLs?). We know far more than they do, and we have for many years. It's not because we hide or hoard information. It's all right here in these pages.

I've had long discussions about the 501st with several guys in our little group. Every time I read about this kind of stuff, it really gets under my skin. Your costume looks wonderful. You know it, we know it. I don't think that you need approval from the 501st to confirm that.

And don't worry, your submission pic to the 501st was a lot better than mine:

cc002383-bbc7-42d7-aafb-0b0bf7694ad6.jpg

lol, nice pic Ryan. It seems you are missing a couple of parts for a full fett suit though.

Hopefully they'll get their heads out of their rears. For whatever reason you're wanting 501st approval,that stinks that they didn't ok that....

Last edited by a moderator:
Your suit looks excellent and I found this thread very interesting. I had no idea how blue the suit was in Jedi. I hope you'll get to participate in the Legion in the near future, it really can be a rewarding experience. And it's been said above, but once more- great costume!

Try your hand on the Mandalorian Mercs see if they say any different.. I know we are alittle more strict with Canon Boba Fett but you never know! Besides it might just be the lighting

Honestly if you're like me you wouldn't know where to begin with redying it, instead I'd darken it up a bit my misting black matte spray ;)

I've trooped with the UKG for about 5 years now - I've build numerous TKs, an EP3 Commander Cody as well as my current Biker Scout. I would have loved to have built my own Fett but I just don't have the skill-set to finish it to the degree that the RS boys can do...I know my limitations lol!

I don't know our GML on a personal level so I certainly wouldn't want to speculate on why he doesn't like the colour from that viewpoint. However he has informed me that he has been GML over at the UKG for over 7 years and has made countless Fett suits & he himself (forum name as 'bounty hunter') troops a ROTJ Fett thus implying that he IS the Fett expert, especially in the UKG. As a footnote he also wants me to remove the extra gauntlet pipes that fit in the jet pack - which is fair comment as they where not in the film (although pretty cool - which he acknowledges). But on the other side of the coin he did insist that the suit have the relevant electronics (which I am lead to believe are not in ROTJ) as they are a higher standard of entry because these higher standards are what the UKG is about. I have asked him to post up the correct blue hue shading for reference on my costume thread over on the UKG.

The ones that the fit inside the flame thrower pipes, drop down my back and plug into the underneath of the jet pack that Rob sent me in the pic here.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393944312.423828.jpg

Man it seems the GML doesn't know as much about fett that he says he does. I would try to get another opinion on your suit.

Unfortunately I don't have that option unless I go to the guys above him on the 501st command team who have the highest authority regarding clearance & dispute.

However I'm not after picking a fight - I just wanna troop!

I think you should contact them and provide evidence like pics to show your suit is approvable.

Yes, show him pics like that one of the stunt pack with the hose connecting to the jetpack. It was in the movie, so was on one of the screen-used Boba suits. Any GML worth anything will take movie accuracy over anything.....at least they should if they are GMLs. ESPECIALLY if he is the self-professed Boba expert in your local 501st group!

As far as the chest lights.....yes, he had them in ROTJ. You can see them lit in a few of the Jabba's palace screen-capped pics TDH has posted over the years.

All the suits started as blue - grey and faded at unknown rates and times to the colors we see in exhibits.
While the Clothears suit might be a tad more blue then it should be for the 36 year old exhibit suits, it is technically correct. Certainly within acceptable margins for the 501st.
Methinks this is another example of the new CRL failing to be fair or correct.
I think you mean white... ;)

But totally agree they were dyed blue and faded for sure...whether they used more then 1 in Jedi is another debate. Jabas palace scenes apear to be grey...or really faded blue for that matter....as for them coming over here...good luck they hate us over here. Think Art is trying to take over the world or something like that.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back