ROTJ Undersuit

Thanks Grant. When it comes to the 501st and TDH I'm extremely protective of both. Both have their flaws and share of a-holes and yet both are filled with many, many more great people doing great things.

That's great to hear that your GML wants to speak with Clothears. I'm very curious to see what stems from that. Keep us posted!

Finally - my GML contacted me last night to tell me he'd asked to meet up with Clothears to discuss the colour at a troop in the near future (this was confirmed by Clothears when I nipped round there last night to drop the suit off for the odd tweak).

:lol: This reminds me of a time about a year ago, when eFX showed its first prototype stormtrooper suit that was cast directly from the only complete set of armor we know... and a few know-it-alls in the 501st immediately made outrageous statements about have a conference to determine if the costume would be acceptable...

Are there approved Boba Fett costumes in your garrison? If so, I'd really like to see one that has been approved.

It's progress Jim, but not as we know it!!! Is a Trekkie reference blasphemy here lol!!

Off with his head!!!

Thanks Grant. When it comes to the 501st and TDH I'm extremely protective of both. Both have their flaws and share of a-holes and yet both are filled with many, many more great people doing great things.

That's great to hear that your GML wants to speak with Clothears. I'm very curious to see what stems from that. Keep us posted!

We just tend to show our a-holes the door more quickly than the 501st does... ;)

:lol: This reminds me of a time about a year ago, when eFX showed its first prototype stormtrooper suit that was cast directly from the only complete set of armor we know... and a few know-it-alls in the 501st immediately made outrageous statements about have a conference to determine if the costume would be acceptable...

Are there approved Boba Fett costumes in your garrison? If so, I'd really like to see one that has been approved.

Off with his head!!!

Thats not a bad idea...sounds like the guy is on a power trip, or is an approved fett and doesnt want to be shown up.

Curiously said GML troops an ROTJ Fett & co runs a site that sells Fettgear

Definitely go above him. His argument has been nothing but petty. It definitely seems that he just doesn't want to be shown up. Your ROTJ is the best I've seen, there's no reason that there should've even been a discussion on it. I've seen some pretty terrible Fett's in the 501st. So not only am I surprised that yours is an issue. I'm surprised that it's been an issue for this long.

I hope you get this sorted out soon chap.
I've been following on the UKG and have put-off commissioning soft parts so far pending on decision.
I'll be at Birmingham MEM this weekend and would be very interested in seeing your Fett in the flesh if you are bringing it along.

Andy

hope you get this sorted grant
I love the 501st, but in a way some of what has been said here is very true. But lets not be about the bashing.

@Art - Nath Smith is half of Fett Gear. He is a top bloke and very good costumer with his heart in the right place.

lastly, Grant, I hope you get your clearance sorted. Lots that should have been said has already been said.

my suit wasnt built for UKG clearance, it was a "for me" suit. But the swear the colour drives me nuts. In some light its grey-blue, and in other grey-grey

20140203_224923_zpsa0f755fd.jpg

20140318_075102_zpsb73ee264.jpg

That IS the same suit, not photoshop, no dyeing, just different lighting conditions!

Nate

@Art - Nath Smith is half of Fett Gear. He is a top bloke and very good costumer with his heart in the right place.

Nate,

Thanks for the clarification. From what you and others have said, the issue isn't with Nath Smith, but with Mark Farebrother, the darker half of fett gear as well as a clear example of the worst the 501st has to offer. My sincere apologies to Nath for the confusion.

Art

All - just to confirm the suit has now been cleared for duty by the UKG - most importantly, without any compromise.

The RS set up & Clothears soft (ROTJ) soft parts are now clearable. Great news

Wonderful news!
It's too bad things went the way they did at first but I am pleased so many good people went to bat for you behind the scenes. Justice has been served. :)

Wonderful news!
It's too bad things went the way they did at first but I am pleased so many good people went to bat for you behind the scenes. Justice has been served. :)

Totally agree - massive thanks to all who supported and worked hard progressing this suit - awesome!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back