**REVIEW** New Evolution Boots on eBay

I've ordered a pair of these simply because they are the ONLY place that would make them in my size. I had to pay a little more for them to do this but hopefully it will be worth it.

^ ^ I dont forsee the death of ca boots, I forsee them selling them at a more reasonable price.

They probably make triple keystone on them now. Double keystone would make them about what gabes are.
I remember purchasing my CA Boots like a week before they jumped from $90 to $140. I couldn't believe the price change they made.

Okay.....so I got the boots today! They fit PERFECTLY. I really can't thank them enough for making them small enough for me (ladies size 7/men's size 5). I think overall the previous reviews are pretty spot on. I got the two layer sole, which I'm very glad about. 3 really would have been too much. They make funny crackling noises when you walk but I suspect that's just the glue and in time with wear it will go away. It's definitely not piping.....just fabric. And because I sew a lot, I'm not sure how I feel about the unfinished edge around the elastic. I too have found that my heel slips but that's a pretty easy fix.

All in all I'm pleased. They may not be the best or last the longest but I'm fairly certain that they will do well by me. I'm guessing that if they do pull apart it's something that can easily be repaired so I'm not worried about it.

Now to add the toe spikes and weathering! WOOT!

I bought a pair the other day, I like how they modded them to the 2 layer sole and personally I dont want to give caboots 150+ for theirs. Gabriel's may not be 100% accurate, but caboots arent either. I look forward to getting them in.

Let me know how you go about fixing the heel slippage. I added an inset (Dr. Scholl's) and added a heel grip from Wally World and the darn things still slip. I may have to go more drastic...

I've been talking with a shoe repairman about fixing my Zam boots - dang uncomfortable Pradas! - so I think I'll take these in to him too and see what he thinks about the whole heel slippage etc. I typcially have this problem in boots as I have narrow heels, so honestly although it's annoying, I'm pretty use to it. But if he has a solution I'll pass it along!

I bought a pair of Evo boots with spikes on 17 June 09. I received an email with tracking info last night. So I'm guessing another two weeks ( ? ).

I've ordered from Gabe several times and so far have had good luck. His prices seem fair, shipping times are reasonable and overall quality is good.

I am hoping the boot quality is high. I would sure hate to walk out of a pair during a 9 hour troop. :facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
two weeks? try at least three and possibly never? haha. my boots were shipped out on the 17th of june and still aren't here....... Tracking was fine till it left argentina. Now they are nowhere to be found.

two weeks? try at least three and possibly never? haha. my boots were shipped out on the 17th of june and still aren't here....... Tracking was fine till it left argentina. Now they are nowhere to be found.

Same thing happened to me and i didnt get a update for almost a month then suddenly they appeared at the post office with no tracking in the u.s.a. at all.
But on the plus side they are pretty decent boots.

Well, well. I just received my boots w/spikes. 7 days after receiving the shipping confirmation. Not bad.

My review at this point is much the same as everyone else. I have the two layer sole. Very nice looking shoe. Super light and very comfortable. The fit is spot on. Like Fang, not real crazy about the unfinished edge around the ankle elastic, but the double stitching should help keep that area together. They do make a click when walking, but discovered that to be (at least on my pair) the toe spikes.

In all, I am very happy. I've got them on now, heading out to the backyard to dirty them up :D Durability testing is pending :)

Dito all the other reviews on the Evolution boots. Nice looking, obviously made by hand, and incredibly light, but fully expect to have to re-glue the sole of the shoe. Really that is the only significant problem.

Dito all the other reviews on the Evolution boots. Nice looking, obviously made by hand, and incredibly light, but fully expect to have to re-glue the sole of the shoe. Really that is the only significant problem.
I used some CA glue where the sole was starting to come apart from the fabric and it worked great.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back