**REVIEW** New Evolution Boots on eBay

I was looking at these boots yesterday, I've been looking for some boots for awhile, I've seen the CA boots but the pricing scared my away. To me, the soles on these look a little on the thick side.

Got a pair last month but haven't got the chance to use them.Anyone tested them yet on the rough side.How the sole stand out during long trooping?Love to hear from the maker himself.

i asked gabe if he would make my boots using two layers on the bottom instead of the three layers. He did and i think they look better. so if anyone thinks they look too chunky. go with two!

i asked gabe if he would make my boots using two layers on the bottom instead of the three layers. He did and i think they look better. so if anyone thinks they look too chunky. go with two!

What he should do is make them like he did in the pictures on Ebay. Two in the front, three in the back and tapered in the middle.:facepalm

Do you have any pics. I've been curious to see what they would look like with 2.

Rob was kind enough to send me pictures of his evo boots that were made with only 2 layers for the sole. I am impressed with the modifications and the way they turned out, are they extremely accurate...no, but their not very far either. Both the product and the price look great to me.

New boots with 2 layers instead of 3 for the sole.
picture.php

Wow! That looks a lot better! How are the soles? do they seem more sturdy? Being as thick as they were before, they looked like any pressure would cause them to seperate or fall apart, but now that there are 2 layers I think it would allow for more flex and less room to break. If they are durable, I think for the price, these boots are worth it.

El1te

the only thing I see that I would have him try and change is the stripe on the side is too far forward which causes the whole opening to be too big. if he cut that back and made the opening a little smaller it would look great!

the only thing I see that I would have him try and change is the stripe on the side is too far forward which causes the whole opening to be too big. if he cut that back and made the opening a little smaller it would look great!

Could you draw on TR 4059's pic what you mean?

Thanx :)

the distance between the back and the elastic stripe is a lot smaller on the real boots. also the strip is at an angle on the real boots and not just straight up and down. AAAAAAND.... the end is rounded not squared off. He's getting better and better. But if he could change that and square off the sole toe he'd def have alot better boots.

bootcomparison.gif

He wasn't too into making adjustments. He said rounding the bottom is easy but he didn't think that moving the elastic stripe back and angling it would be worth it I guess?

Seeing that boot all weathered up is actually quite impressive!! I like how the toe isn't so tall like the CAboots are. Right now, I'm considering buying a pair, however if he fixes the elastic at an angle they are mine asap.

I emailed him again encouraging him to make the changes. Hopefully he does. I want to back gabe more than CAboots and it would be great to see another option.

^ ^ I dont forsee the death of ca boots, I forsee them selling them at a more reasonable price.

They probably make triple keystone on them now. Double keystone would make them about what gabes are.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back