The. Worst. Movie. Ever. Made. - SPOILERS

Starship Troopers 2 is bottom of the barrel by which all other junk films are to be judged by... come on... everyone knows this! So does IJ4 get 1, 2, or 3 SST2 bug claws?

Last edited:
Worst movie ever... ? I'm gonna catch heck for this, but my vote would be 2001: A Space Odyssey. No, really! C'mon! The most exciting thing in the movie was "... stop .... Dave........ I'm ........... a...fraiiiiiidd ........ Daaaaaaave".

Snooooooooooorrrrrrreee!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole movie was nothing but slow-motion boredom. At least if Indy 4 doesn't live up to the original movies it should at least be good for some action... a few lines that go faster than ".... stop........ Dave..........."

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came home from seeing it, and I really enjoyed it :) So no, its not the worst movie ever! That.... would be The Hulk, and the Fantastic 4 movies.

I'm a big fan of Indiana Jones but haven't seen the new one yet, so I am trying to not read any of the spoilers in here..!

I just wanted to say that the worst movie I have ever seen is "The Rise and Fall of Idi Amin" (I have it on DVD..!). Avertised as "Head-in-fridge-tastic", I just had to have it. It's quite bad, you can even see the film going off the reel.

i have heard that this movie is great... and that it is terrible. obviously it wont be raiders of the lost ark... but i will watch it so i can form my own opinion since everyone is split.

I just saw it, and really liked it!

A worthy installment, but still a little too much of an homage to the previous three films.

Overall, it was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it!

Hardly the worst movie ever made. Far from it actually!

That title goes to "Seed of Chucky"

I think the origional post hit a chord. Most of todays movies treat Everyone like they have ADHD and cannot pay attention unless things ar breaking bashing and jumping around constantly. Without those slower poetic scenes in Indy and Star wars the action itself is pointless and unappreiciable. CGI I am not impressed with it seems to lack the depth of a real environment or the expression ( most of the time). a moie should have poetic moments and have the double crecendo movement to balance the scenes. just my 2 cents and uhmm.....cough ... cough keeper of souls.

I'll put in a vote for Epic Movie as one of the very worst ever made.

(and don't be talkin no smack about Maximum Overdrive...how I would love to have a semi with a Green Goblin face on the front!:))

I'll admit that when I walked out of the Theater today I was highly disappointed. What a truly bogus concept for an INDIANA JONES MOVIE!

Lets see logical procession...Find the Lost Ark, Find the Sankara (sp?) stones, Find the Holy Grail, Find "Aliens"? Are you serious? For a while I was hoping the Predator might show up. Going with the earlier comment, yes the Tarzan moment was horrible and had I not yet finished my popcorn I might have walked out then (who am I kidding... I'm just cheap I've never walked out of a movie that I can remember off hand)

I could have done completely without Shia Lebouf, Shayla Lepoof, Shaquila O'Neila whatever his name is. Totally not the right element for this movie.

Also going with earlier comments...I was walking back to my car and found myself thinking that Spielberg and Lucas have lost something over the years. I mean I really do appreciate them wanting to continue the stories and doing what they do, but aliens in Indiana Jones and the midichlorians just about say enough.

There were hardly any moments in it that "felt" like an Indiana Jones Movie.

I guess the only good moments in it for me were seeing Harrison Ford in the Indy gear again, A quick glimpse of the Ark, and hmmmnn...Well I'll have to think a little more about what else.

I really hate to bash like this on a movie that has one of my childhood idols, but there really needed to be a lot more oversight on this. I just wish that the series hadn't gone out like this.

I guess the one good thing that came out of this is that Temple of Doom is no longer my least favorite of the series.

Alright... Just got back... 3 SST2 bug legs... for sure. Sucktastic. Worst movie ever? No. It had Harrison in it, so it can't be. But absolutely TERRIBLE! Here is my question for those of you that liked it; if Indiana Jones, an icon we all love, wasn't in this movie and was replaced by someone else, would you have still liked it? We all love Indy. We all want to see Indy. But are we willing to give a horrible movie a pass just for one final glimpse of our hero? This had so many "Phantom Menace" faux pas moments I couldn't even begin to count them. I can't believe we made it through without a fart or poop joke. It is sad that I don't say that in jest or with sarcasm, but in all seriousness. The level this movie was written to pander to really should have had at least one good fart joke. Maybe they could have had a father/son fart contest and then the crazy guy could say he won cause he pooped his pants! Think that idea is absurd? No more so than the junk we were asked to swallow.

To me, Indiana Jones, the character, has always been fairly well based in reality. Sure we have been asked to suspend our belief in the capabilities of one man throughout the course of the trilogy, (the ridiculous raft scene from ToD comes to mind), but there is suspesion of belief and then there is surviving a nuclear blast a ground zero, being hurtled for hundreds of yard in a fridge, swinging through jungle like Chewbacca on Endor (at least he kinda looks like a monkey) and so many absolutely absurd life and death escapes stacked on top of one another that even the most ardent fan must take pause. This wasn't an adventure movie. This wasn't Indiana Jones. This was a cartoon where there was never any real sense of life and death danger. How many of YOUR mothers would give you instructions on proper foot placement while you fought for your life against a crazed Russian who is sword fighting with you between two moving vehicles that are hurtling through uneven terrain at speeds one wouldn't feel safe driving at on the highway? Way to heighten the suspense there... Just pathetic.

Last edited:
Of recent times:

Transformers (what a dose of ****)

King Kong (seriously, Peter Jackson has way too much time on his hands)

Looking forward to seeing just how bad this movie is or isn't

As much as i hate to say this, nearly everything listed above was much the cause of my sleepless night. I don't usually walk out of a movie confused, much less feel betrayed by someone i owe much of my childhood happiness too. I remember thinking i felt very uneasy about the trailer with it's very second rate CGI work, but talked myself out of the doubt, having seen Iron man the fortnight before. ILM was heavily involved in that (according to the credits) and that CGI was some of the best i have ever seen, so what did i have to worry about right?

I wish now that i hadn't gone and seen this, i really do. Initially i missed the Nazis, then Indy survived seeing a mushroom cloud at point blank range. About the time Indy was given a happy ending with a bristly looking broom in the shower and the Janitor from Scrubs questioning his loyalties is where i sank into my seat. Marlin Brando wannabe turned up with an angry attitude, and the rest is pretty much a blur.

:(I actually know paritally what is was like the the original SW fans to grow up, wait 20 years for a new one, then pretty much pay to be kicked in the nuts by the great bearded one. What happened to him over the last 20 years that made him lose that unique touch that left a perminant mark on film making forever after? I don't remember the last time it actually hurt to watch a movie like that. Some of my earliest memories are of watching raiders on the tv, wearing a ratty old acoubra and screaming at everyone to not talk through "indiana man"

I hope this franchise is not continued and is left to die quietly in the shade.

Here is my question for those of you that liked it; if Indiana Jones, an icon we all love, wasn't in this movie and was replaced by someone else, would you have still liked it?

I might catch heck for this, but think about it...

That could be said for any of the sequels.

Raiders was it, man. Pure awesome celluloid.

The other films (and I'm not bashing them, I love them! Yes, even ToD.) were spin-offs with the same character. Hence the title "Indiana Jones and the..."

Raiders was just "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

If you can suspend belief for The Ark of the Covenant, ghosts, melting faces, The Holy Grail, 700 year old knights, Sankara stones, hypnotism, and still beating hearts, I ask you, are Extra Terrestrials less plausible?

I think the thing I liked most about Indy 4 was that it seemed like a commentary on the 1950's.

There were elements in the film that were pop-culture and real life.

You had;

Car races
Diners
Jocks vs Greasers
Atomic Bomb
Area 51
Big Bugs (see THEM!)
"I Like Ike"
Commies
How the US government accused people of being Commies and blacklisted them.
Tarzan (Huge in the 50's)
Aliens

It was essentially a b-movie in an a-movie format, as Spielberg put it. If you went in expecting another Raiders, you shouldn't have gone in at all.

Although, I agree it could have been a much better and well-made film.

I think what is most interesting is to see what some say is "the worst movie". In some cases I agree that it could be in the running, while in others I really don't see where a person is coming from. I think there also may be an element of "fresh in the mind" that influences our choice of what movie to vote as worst. For instance, upon further reflection - although I really do deeply dislike 2001: A Space Oddyssey - I think the absolute worst movie I have ever seen was the follow-up to Rocky Horror, Shock Treatment. I *might* actually sit through some of 2001 again - if I'm really bored - but I would clamber through a stone wall with nothing but my fingernails and teeth to get away from Shock Treatment.

Bobamatt - I couldn't agree more with your comment that aliens are no less believeable than "the power of god" shooting out of the ark, or the shankara stones doing stuff, 700 year old knight, etc. There's stuff going on in the original Indy movies that is pretty out there.

Bobamatt - I couldn't agree more with your comment that aliens are no less believeable than "the power of god" shooting out of the ark, or the shankara stones doing stuff, 700 year old knight, etc. There's stuff going on in the original Indy movies that is pretty out there.

Thank you.

Just keep that in mind when you see the movie.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back