Nemrod holster? let's discuss

SEEKER

Well-Known Hunter
I know this has been talked about before, but I really want to make sure that this Nemrod holster is what was really used on screen.

The holster that I just recieved has the small pocket for the knife.

On all images I have seen of the ESB holster, I have not seen that small pocket.

I tried to get the same type of lighting on this and if it were to have the pocket then there will be more the the area hightlighted. But no line or anything.

what ya think?

nemrod3.jpg

nemrod2.jpg

nemrod.jpg

ok - one more and I'll shut up. :lol: It does look like it has the small loop for the knife, but no pocket. Maybe this screen version has a longer knife. Check out the bespin dude on the earlier images, it looks like he has some type of area where the end of the knife rests.

Here's another pic of ESB Fett

nemrod6.jpg

I don't see it.
Perhaps there was a different Nemrod holster available at that time that didn't have the knife option.

Or they just modified the Nemrod and casted ones used for the film. But that wouldn't make sense if they modified it. Went to that trouble of getting rid of it. But still left the Nemrod logo on the side.

Looks to me like the knife holder is there. Who knows if these holsters were molded and copied from an original nemrod or if they were all originals?

Doh, Danielle beat me to it.

It almost looks like they built over the logo to cover it up causing a slight bulge. That would explain why it flares outward as you work your way down the holster.

But I'm not sure I see any place to put a knife.

I agree with Gonzo Fett, why would they even bother removing the pocket and keep the logo? I know where going for accuracy here but if we can't see if it's there or not, does it really matter? besides, my pouch hangs in front of the holster just like the picture above. I have an MLC holster with the pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Gonzo Fett, why would they even bother removing the pocket and keep the logo? I know where going for accuracy here but if we can't see if it's there or not, does it really matter?. I have an MLC holster with the pocket.

It matters to me. I have waited a long time to get my Fett right. And I'll continue to wait till I'm happy with it.

I have already paid over 300 dollars on my ESB holster Fiberglass and all. I dont want spend more on it.

I wanna get it right. I'm trying not to do any upgrades in the future. But I know I will. :lol:

Side by side they look like they might even be different holsters.
The portion of the holster that lines the barrel of the gun is a completely different shape. If it is the same one, they definately trimmed part of it out. Namely the knife holder.

holster.jpg

ok - one more and I'll shut up. :lol: It does look like it has the small loop for the knife, but no pocket. Maybe this screen version has a longer knife. Check out the bespin dude on the earlier images, it looks like he has some type of area where the end of the knife rests.

Here's another pic of ESB Fett
anyone else notice the right Gauntlet coming apart in this photo?????

Yeah - it's starting to look like they slice it off. This stuff is prett easy to cut with a blade. theres a solid wall inside the pocket, so it would be pretty easy to do.

I just need to reaffirm that this is was done in 1979:lol:

nemrod7.jpg

HAHAH yea its the left gauntlet on the right side of the screen cap good eye!

I still disagree that this is the correct blaster. There is a nemrod that ended on the 23rd that has a more clsoely looking handle. I would say judging by the length of the barrel tip that they cut the holsters shorter and removed the knife sheath. It also looks like they removed part of the clip or put some type of button where the hole was.

It matters to me. I have waited a long time to get my Fett right. And I'll continue to wait till I'm happy with it.

I have already paid over 300 dollars on my ESB holster Fiberglass and all. I dont want spend more on it.

I wanna get it right. I'm trying not to do any upgrades in the future. But I know I will. :lol:
$300 :facepalm. I wouldn't let a knife pocket hold me back from completing my costume but that's me. after looking at the close up photos, it looks to me like it is NOT there but I'm not about to cut it off at this point.;)

Were talking about the holster, not the blaster.

The blaster is another story. :lol:

HAHAH yea its the left gauntlet on the right side of the screen cap good eye!

I still disagree that this is the correct blaster. There is a nemrod that ended on the 23rd that has a more clsoely looking handle. I would say judging by the length of the barrel tip that they cut the holsters shorter and removed the knife sheath. It also looks like they removed part of the clip or put some type of button where the hole was.

looks like it was cut off.

i have another question not quite realted to the topic, but looking at those clear pictures, i noticed that the rifle scope is mounted the wrong way, i saw that in a bunch of esb photos already, any input why that is? shouldn't Boba Fett know better??

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back