Recasting discussion

Wow last night we set a new record for the most members online at the same time.
The Dent reset the counter 2-3 days ago, there's a thread in updates about it.

99centTaco, as hard as it is for a lot of people to work with fabric, leather requires an even more specialized skill, I don't think there's a huge risk it will happen, but I would say it was inappropriate if it happens.

-x

The Dent reset the counter 2-3 days ago, there's a thread in updates about it.

99centTaco, as hard as it is for a lot of people to work with fabric, leather requires an even more specialized skill, I don't think there's a huge risk it will happen, but I would say it was inappropriate if it happens.

-x

Yeah I believe because the old count would have never happened.

Question!!....y question is similar but kinda different. I am construction my new functional ammo belt pouches. It will be more than likely nothing but wood and hardware but if I come up with a specific way of doing it, can someone copy it for resale purposes here and it be ok? Just wondering, I wouldn't care too much if they wanted to do it for themselves but I just wouldn't want to be blamed for a bad belt not done by me that has my new design. Which I also redid the pattern for the leather. Just askin.

Well, if you decide it's not okay, then it's not okay. The TDH members would side with you if it was a clear copy of your work, regardless of the quality of the knockoff.

Personally, If I was the one making and selling a belt, I'd be inclined to also post the pattern. People have different budgets and tools and skill sets and materials. The product quality of whatever people show/sell here will be judged based on craftsmanship and accuracy. If some kid makes one based on your pattern, but it's made out of spray-painted cardboard, it may be perfect for his own costume. But, nobody would confuse it with your work, and nobody would pay the same price for it.

That way, you still get to provide the premium product, but you also get to enable other folks to build on your contribution. Maybe someone will figure out a better fastening system, that you can add to your product later.

/all about the open source :cheers

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back