Chapter 9 Discussion aka Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. (Spoilers within)

if you have room for a servo and want to deal with installing it go ahead. It takes up a lot of space inside the helmet. And with metal ears it’s gonna be really difficult to install without your own machine shop really.
I mean, obviously you're right it's not exactly the same but that was the only major reveal in Star Wars I could think of that was relevant. But I mean come on....... you have what..... 30+ years (collectively) and the script writing period to come up with a super dope, incredibly awesome way to reveal to us that Boba Fett, THE BOBA FETT, is still alive and the BEST....THE BEST they would come up with was just the cinematic equivalent of "Yep"?!?!?!?

I'm sorry but I don't buy that and it's just lazy writing. I want to hold Star Wars and literally any kind of story teller, whether that's books, movies, tv series or comics to better standards than that. I get that as Star Wars fans we want to love everything and look at it all through rose colored glasses because it's Star Wars but it's OK to not be ok with stuff. Simply being "Star Wars" doesn't mean that it will be good automatically, as we have seen in the past lol
well. It’s what you got. So be happy he’s alive and speculate what kind of story we’ll get. Cause it can’t be taken back.

well. It’s what you got. So be happy he’s alive and speculate what kind of story we’ll get. Cause it can’t be taken back.

Not saying I'm not pumped he's still alive and definitely looking forward to how they plan to use him but man...... what a let down with how they did it, in my opinion haha

A let down? A let down would be no boba.
Yes agreed. Can’t people just be happy we got Boba atoll, especially in the first episode!. To the servo point, I agree with that too, it’s mostly a novelty thing to me, but if fett fans think it’s cool, go for it, it’s just not for me.

I thought it was the perfect way to solidify all of our fanboy Fett dreams. The on screen writing for Boba Fetts character has seemingly always been a bit anticlimactic, and under whelming IMO. I am glad they didn’t slow build this particular debut because it would have been a flop to see this at the end of the season. I thought they corrected course somewhat by giving us something strong right out of the gate. The Marshal looked like a Pre App Merc IMO which was laughable. Not gonna lie I actually like this version of the Flak Vest way more than the original.
The best part of the episode for me was seeing Boba Fett alive on screen in the final scene. I hope this sets the stage not only for Dins quest to return The Child but an off shoot thread of either his quest to return the armor to Boba or Boba to track him and get it back. Either way I am hoping their paths cross and we see the real Boba Fett suited up once again. However, Fett cinematic history always lends me to think that might just be the end of this and they move on.

For me, the Boba reveal made my week.
I thought it was great considering we were shown the armor. When Djynn was told to find a Mandalorian on Tatooine I lost my ****. But later, when Cobb Vanth took the helmet out and I saw it wasnt Boba, I cried like a little girl thinking he was the Mando they told him to look for and that Boba was dead. I thought that Disney was just gonna not talk about Boba and just use his armor to make fans happy in that way, I didn't know what was on their mind but I thought that if they didn't show Boba he was just dead and to be forgotten and that I'd be unsubbing from Disney+ and just hating them forver. But they showed -I hope- Boba at the end -in which I was so tense hoping they'd show him in the end- and cried like a lil boy again but this time with joy of having this man alive and badass.
It was a thrill for me and a good closure for the episode, a huge reveal and now we can focus on what does Boba do -if he appears again- rather than whether he is alive or not. This is not like revealing Vader being Luke's father at the start, this is just showing a character to bring him back and build something up later.
This is EXACTLY how I felt, my heart was pounding the whole episode because I was so scared he was just gonna be ignored and "written off" unceremoniously. The final shot made me lose my absolute mind and I couldn't be happier, I've been waiting for this moment ever since I first saw RotJ as a kid. As long as they do him justice this will 100% justify all the stuff Disney is doing with star wars, they finally granted my wish!!

I thought it was the perfect way to solidify all of our fanboy Fett dreams. The on screen writing for Boba Fetts character has seemingly always been a bit anticlimactic, and under whelming IMO. I am glad they didn’t slow build this particular debut because it would have been a flop to see this at the end of the season. I thought they corrected course somewhat by giving us something strong right out of the gate. The Marshal looked like a Pre App Merc IMO which was laughable. Not gonna lie I actually like this version of the Flak Vest way more than the original.
The best part of the episode for me was seeing Boba Fett alive on screen in the final scene. I hope this sets the stage not only for Dins quest to return The Child but an off shoot thread of either his quest to return the armor to Boba or Boba to track him and get it back. Either way I am hoping their paths cross and we see the real Boba Fett suited up once again. However, Fett cinematic history always lends me to think that might just be the end of this and they move on.
I'm looking forward to it because Din has stated that he intends to track down the original owner of the armor, so it means he's essentially trying to find Boba and I'm certain we'll get something around it. Really hoping they write Fett to be an ally-ish of the Mandalorian, I'm ready for some long-awaited development of Fett.

This is EXACTLY how I felt, my heart was pounding the whole episode because I was so scared he was just gonna be ignored and "written off" unceremoniously. The final shot made me lose my absolute mind and I couldn't be happier, I've been waiting for this moment ever since I first saw RotJ as a kid. As long as they do him justice this will 100% justify all the stuff Disney is doing with star wars, they finally granted my wish!!
Couldn’t be said any better.

It will definitely be interesting to see what they choose to do or not do with Boba moving forward. Will they leave it as it with simply telling us that Boba Fett is in fact alive and do nothing else? Will he stick around in the story and be an ally of Din or an enemy by working for Moff Gideon? Will he finally get re-canon confirmed as being an actual Mandalorian again? Time will tell!

Also NorCalCap "The on screen writing for Boba Fetts character has seemingly always been a bit anticlimactic, and under whelming IMO"......
I would whole heartedly agree there BUT just because it has always been anticlimactic and underwhelming in the past doesn't mean it still has to be moving forward. That was what I was trying to get with my post haha I will take that he is alive every single time but that doesn't mean I was hoping for more pomp and circumstance the first time we found out lol. It's like asking someone to make you an awesome cheeseburger (and you are thinking all the toppings, maybe with bacon even or delicious sauce on there) and they just hand you a single patty, with 1 slice of cheese, in a bun. Sure you got a cheese burger but it could have been so much more :lol:

Well said, and I felt the same way. Boba is alive and the door is open for so much more.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back