Hi! I'm new and totally lost!

ImThe1Who

New Hunter
Good afternoon -

First and foremost, I NEVER participate in forums cuz frankly I DONT UNDERSTAND THEM. I'm 29 and a pretty savvy nerd and technology guru but I have NEVER been able to understand how forums work. I find them confusing. That being said, I am looking for anyone to point me in the right direction please?

I'm trying to find out how to build my own armor but NO ONE seems to have posted a step by step process. All I have been able to find are SOME of the Jango and Boba Fett files. There is no next step other than "print it out to scale." I have read the forums on here and dont understand how to do things. I have experience with Pepakura files and building those puzzle pieces but not print it out and you're good. All i can find is people saying Work in Progress but no one explains HOW they're doing it.

After i print it out, then what? Why is there no actual step by step tutorial section?! Plus it's IMPOSSIBLE to find what I'm looking for. I enter in templates and all i get are people TALKING about them.

I'll break it down Barney style for someone who is willing to help me. I would like to build some armor. I have experience with Pepakura files but if not no biggie. I like Jango Fett's armor, I like Pre Vizsla's armor, either of them would be nice to make. I would like to make a Jango or Boba Fett helmet. I'm not picky on the gauntlets. I like Boba Fett's ROTJ jetpack. I have my colors mapped out in my head and on paper. I just don't know what to do after you print stuff out. How do you guys turn paper/cardstock, into hard armor pieces?! Just please tell me what to do!!

First off, welcome to TDH!

I think this forum is pretty straight forward and shouldn't be confusing to you, so hopefully thats a step in the right direction.

As much as alot of members here like to push the search function, just using the search isnt always going to bring up what you need specifically. You really do need to put the time in and browse around. If you browse the helmet section you will find a thread for the templates, same goers for the costume section and templates for the armor and so on. One thing to keep in mind is that instant gratification in this hobby just doesnt happen unless your REALLY lucky lol. Everything, including finding information takes a little time and effort. Thats just a general statement and not directed specifically at you.

So, all that said, in the boba fett helmet section, there are pinned threads at the top with templates in them for the helmet, and i believe there is also one in the boba fett costume section for the armor, jetpack and gauntlets

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/all-boba-fett-helmet-stencils-templates-41929/

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/jet-pack-blaster-belt-buckle-shin-tools-templates-23199/

For the helmet i will also point you to my helmet build thread where i pretty much show step by step how i created my helmet. I used WOF templates, put them togther and then basically reinforced the inside with fiberglass and then used bondo on the outside to fine tune the details. Keep in mind when i did this, i had no intention to wear this piece..it was solely to take a mold from and then cast a wearable helmet in fiberglass or resin. However you CAN make it so you can wear the actual piece you create. Just keep in mind you will wear it and make sure you dont make it too heavy.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/dvh-fett-bucket-scratch-build-31411/?highlight=DVH+scratch+build

As for the armor. its a bit more simple. Again using WOF templates, you can trace them onto plastic sheet and cut them out and heat them to get the curves

I started gauntlets the same way but havent finished them. I used mat board and posterboard where i needed them to curve (like where the rocket sits) Again i used WOF templetes and spray glued them onto the board,cut em out and glued em together.

Having some sort of model building skills does help, you kinda need to have a creative mind to work out issues you come across or just to come up with an idea to make things work.

Nothing we do is set in stone, and everyone puts their own twist on how they do things. I just look at it like a lifesize model i can wear.

Hope this helped!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back