Hi everyone newbie from Ontario, Canada

baccaricosplay

New Hunter
Hi there everyone I am new to the Dented Helmet. I am a big fan of cosplay and have been a Star Wars fan since I was a kid when the first trilogy came out. Like many out there I was a bigger fan of the villains than the heroes so I was drawn to Vader, the stormtroopers and of course, Boba Fett.
I put together a Kylo Ren cosplay a while back but have always toyed with the idea of creating Fett.
Now that “The Book of Boba Fett “ has brought Fett back it’s time to put one together. I love the new bobf look! Especially cause he’s played by a shaved bald middle age guy! So I’ll look like him both with the helmet on and off lol!
I have a friend 3D printing a helmet for me and I’ve started modifying a toy gun into his blaster. The cost of building a 501rst approved cosplay is out of reach for me but I do like to make my builds the best they can be on a “shoestring” budget. Looking forward to the series starting up soon! And looking forward to this build! I hope to learn many helpful ideas and obtain some valuable knowledge here!

Thought I better do an update on this post. My friend with the 3D printer ended up printing the entire armour set instead of just the helmet. I used a woman’s black dress to rework into a flak vest and skirt pieces.
So I now have a complete rearmoured Boba Fett. I went with the Mandalorian season 2 version just before bobf. I like the Hakama style pants. It’s actually a rather comfortable cosplay.
I loved the finishing of the 3D pieces and love the finished quality with the texturing and paint and weathering.
I’ve trooped with it a few times now. I discovered that my helmet needed fans, a voice amp and external audio pickup.
I put in the fans-no more fogged up visor and a bit cooler to wear.
Still trying to sort out the voice amp. The amp speaker is rather bulky so I’m not sure of a location for the amp that doesn’t sound like your voice is coming from your waist or chest.
I also just soldered up the stereo ear set to hear outside of the helmet. Also not sure if I should mount the mics through the helmet or mount them in my belt pouch. Pouch location means they won’t pick up the sound of the fans but then I need wires into the helmet for the earbuds or speakers. If anyone has suggestions for location please let me know. Thanks guys!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back