Wireless servo kit

Ok, I'm not sure what switches those are. The alco switches may work, and they make tops for the alco switches that may work.

DP, I could use those instead of the alco switches instead if you want. They are momentary which is the type I would need to use.

Thing with radio shack is they dont sell quality metal switches any more at the store theyre plastic. FP had linked me the right ones before...Ill try and find it...gonna need some for my ROTJ guants

Dom, if you can find it that would be great. If they are available, I will try to make them an option for the transmitter switches along with the alco switches.

I'm guessing that your vision is a finished product for a kit, but any thoughts on a board and parts for those of us who happen to be addicted to solder fumes? ;)

I guess I could do a DIY kit, and since there won't be any SMD parts to solder, it shouldn't be too bad.

I guess I could do a DIY kit, and since there won't be any SMD parts to solder, it shouldn't be too bad.

Selfishly I would really enjoy that (and would be interested).

However, for your own sanity I'm going to advise against it. You would end up in a world of troubleshooting for others. If you decide you want to go down that road, I'd have some advice for you and would be happy to help with instructional documentation, testing a kit, etc. Just remember that soldering newbies tend to melt and fry components or just rush things and that leads to upset people who "thought it would be easy."

Any way you slice it this is an awesome project! Keep it up!

UPDATE
Here is a pic of the possible final layout of the board. There are a couple of small things that will still need to go on it, but it shouldn't change the size too much. I also found an enclosure that may work for it. I will have a little time this weekend so I am going to see if I can get the CAD file almost finished. The enclosure is about the size of a 4-AA battery holder, to give you an idea of how much room its going to take up inside the helmet.

servo board layout.JPG

Thanks, should I put you down for a kit when I finally get it finished lol?

What, you hate that name (there is a long story on where it came from)? I am hoping to trademark the name once I make enough money from them. I did some prelim searching into getting a federal trademark and it is not cheap. I may go the legalzoom.com route to save some cash.
Once this thing is finished and out there (and hopefully people like it), if anyone has any ideas for electronic parts for their fett (or any other costume) let me know and I will see if I can come up with something. I have an idea to make the servo kit an all in one kit (wireless servo rotation as well as rf lights with the GOR bulbs), but that is farther down the road.
I would like to build an entire kit (rf topper, stalk, electronics), with the idea that a person could get the kit and just make a few connections and the set up is ready to go.
Maybe I should go on kickstarter, if people will pay for a dude to make potato salad, why wouldn't people pay to help develop something useful like an electronics kit for a boba fett helmet?

Lol, did you pay that guy? I like potato salad, but I would never pay someone to make it if I can't eat any of it.

As for the servo that I am thinking of including, it looks like it will be the 85bb micro. The 77 low profile is bigger than I thought, and I will test it with the controller board later tonight to see if it will even work with the code.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back